6 0% (0)
5 4% (1)
4 0% (0)
3 4% (1)
2 4% (1)
1 9% (2)
"WHY AM I READING THIS!?" 54% (12)

Login to vote.

Hey guys, so I put a poll on here, and on facebook and even twitter to see what everyone thought I should name my game. Illia: A Realm Reborn, was the best recieved and as such, that will be what it is. Now, since you all helped me out in naming it, I thought I would post a little... teaser of the game and tell you all a piece of the backstory. It's not exactly polished and perfect, but it is well enough that you will get the jest of things. So tell me what you think, and give me critiques to make the backstory sound better. I'll be checking back to see what people think :3

********Backstory**********

It would seem that every good story starts with a “Once Upon A Time”, but sadly, this one doesn’t have a time where it was happy. No, for as long as anyone could remember the realms have been at war with each other. For some, they don’t even know why they fight anymore. But rather do it as if it were some sort of dance that they had long since memorized. They just follow orders and hope to The One that they make it back home alive.

The One, a mystical being that is said to be creator of all things in the 4 realms, genderless in nature though mostly referred to as a woman. The Tenshi, probably her favorite creation, live in her city of light, Podina. They call it the city of light, for only the purest of hearts may enter the center sanctum. For the longest time, this rang true. The Humans call the earth realm, Illia, their home. Though fragile creatures, they have hearts as bold as a lion, and some of the sharpest tactical minds ever devised. The Demons live in the realm called Demonion, where all of The One’s mistakes lie. For a time, the realms lived in harmony and balance, but that time has long since past.

A war spread throughout the earth realm, Illia, and the Tenshi were called upon to help the Humans before they were obliterated by the Demons and Lorem that feasted on them. The Titans, great beasts that ruled over the Demons, were the biggest threat for the Tenshi. Chronos, the father of the Titans, being the worst of all, was able to swallow a whole battalion of Tenshi in a single breath.

The war reigned on for over hundreds of years, leaving the Tenshi, and the Humans all but extinct. Until a hero by the name of Sanquin, rose to lead the Tenshi. The legend says that he was able to defeat a Titan in a single swipe of his mighty sword. That he got himself swallowed by Chronos, only to be able to climb up and the beast’s heart out. A Titan that was able to survive retrieved a piece of Chronos’ heart, in the hope that his once great lord could one day be revived. Though for now, the Tenshi had won the war, and were ready to help the Humans rebuild their tattered realm.

However, as soon as the war with the Demons were over, the Humans, who had admired and envied the Tenshi throughout the war, started to strike down their Tenshi allies, seeking their immortality for themselves. Rather than wipe the humans out, the Tenshi decided to retreat to their sanctity of Podina, leaving the Humans to fend for themselves.

The Humans did not take it as well as the Tenshi had hoped. They trapped one of the Tenshi, and made it tell them what the secret to their immortality was, and when they were done, they disposed of it swiftly. The Guardians were then formed, Humans who bore armor and swords of great metal, to seek out a way to Podina and the sacred stone that gave the Tenshi their immortality. It did not take long for them to find it.

The sacred stone, that protected the Tenshi from would be attackers, usually shone with brilliant light that could be seen all throughout the realm. It was this light that protected them, and many of them thought that it was The One incarnate. Though soon after they returned from the war, the light dimmed, and eventually went out completely, leaving an open invitation for anyone who would attack them. Rifts started to open in Illia, a doorway for the Humans to come to Podina. They seemed to come and go as quickly as the tide flows, no one knowing where they come from or why they disappear.

Though they have no true alliance, the Demons, and the Humans both seek out the sacred stone, wanting it for their selfish reasons. And as the gates of their city fall, the only thing they can think before heading to battle once more is, “The One help me…”
Twenty years have passed since the stone went dark, and Illia has been rebuilt and reborn with a new purpose. Podina has kept its attackers at bay, but only just barely enough to keep them away from the inner sanctum. The Demons now roam Illia freely, and sometimes find their way through open rifts to Podina. The war has worn on all sides, and yet no one is willing to concede. And the question running through every Tenshi mind is, “Where is The One?”
Final Fantasy XIV is called "A Realm Reborn". You may want to consider a different name.
i put a poll up and this is what people chose, therefore that is what i named it :3
In response to Leoinpharoh
I'd probably avoid using that particular subtitle, regardless of whether or not people voted for it:

ARR trademark
uh oh. :O
-_- dats some bull
Just look for synonyms for rebirth and pick the one that appeals to you the most. :P
Illia: Revenge of Evolution
Just look to the part for subtitles.

Illia: Birth of the Legendary Shinobi
Illia: Shattered Dreams
Illia: Shattered Future
Illia: Revenge of Akatsuki
Illia: Final Fight
Hell just go with Illia, if this is the first of the game then there's no need to add some random ending to it seriously. If you're making a game the name doesn't need to sound like it's some part of a trilogy , especially with the fact that is an MMO .-. they don't really have much parts? or w/e.
EDIT: forgot to add, the story sounds cliche but then again it doesn't need to sound really original.
Illia: The Realm Reborn
You forgot to introduce the 4th realm, which I think the Lorem is from. The story itself has great potential. As it isn't completely based on "Illia" shouldn't the title name be different? Or maybe you were thinking of having "expansions" with all the realm names being included. All in all, it's great to see you're still up and alive Leoin. I'm definitely looking forward to playing any game you put out.
Polishing up the story and fixing a few things... I hope itll be good, and i guess i could just call it illia... I might when it comes down to it
I can't find anything about Illia being trademarked, so you should be good with that. They say a single, catchy word for your game's name is always the best option. Obviously, that's the hardest name to come by now.
I guess Illia it is then... stay tuned for the polished version of the backstory :D
Illia is obviously a renaming of Illiad.
you would be wrong my friend... me and some friends came up with the name long ago for a book I was writing... those names i had for the last poll were other names we had for it.
Homer's been gone for awhile, so any derivative of Iliad probably isn't going to be challenged.
indeed, though alot of my backstory IS derivative of greek mythology, it is not solely based on it.
Page: 1 2