ID:1476666

So got inspired by Traveylb's latest piece and made this:

Tear it apart guys. Critique everything, from anatomy to colours etc(if it it wrong of course :P). I wouldn't mind knowing the strong points either.
Left and right arm looks very different.
The hammer looks like it's not even in sides.
The skirt and the skin have some white spaces in the middle.
The eyes are a little bit of a bright red.
Might be a WIP
In response to Ganite
Ganite wrote:
Might be a WIP
It is a WIP, btw the proportions seem off imo.
It's hard to critique something so far from being presentable. I would agree that the proportions seem off with the arms. The right arm looks too long, mostly. There's also no clear light source in the shading on his head (that's the only part with shading anyways).
I agree with everything you guys have said. The proportions are off.

I have tried to fix the arms, and made another pose because the first one doesn't portray much power.

EDIT: I think I need to make the second pose way more muscular. I suck at anatomy D:
Alright, new pose and this is going to be final! Love this pose lol.

Let me know if proportions are still off or not; shouldn't be because I made a skeleton first and then enlarged it and made minotaur on it.

Maybe you should finish the project first then show for C&C and if it helps add the steps you took to get the final piece.
Proportions look fine. Clean it up and shade it now.
I'm not the best with anatomy, but I whipped this up real quick. Maybe it'll help.

@Falcon lazorz: Wow dude, that is some amazing shit! Please be my mentor!

@Albro: I really didn't know you were that great at art, lol. That is some amazing anatomy knowledge. However, don't mind, but I don't really feel that as an aggressive pose so I am not going make it like that. But I am definitely using the muscle shapes you have shown in your piece.

Here's an update:

Damn I feel like I have no knowledge of anatomy and muscles.. There's a lot to study. I wish I had focused on all this before -.-
Make sure you aren't shrinking the abdominal muscles as they go down:

Looking good. The head doesn't really fit the body's shading though. The body seems to have a fairly consistent light source coming in from the left, while the head's is coming from all over the place.
Oh man this is way too difficult to make...

Update:

I have removed the abs because I remembered the pose is like this because Minotaur is supposed to lean forward/bent little bit and show aggressiveness. I am not so sure how to make it look bent forward except giving dark-tones to abdomen, which I have already done. I have also added goat legs.
To me the thighs look too big in scale compared to his torso and arms. Though i'm liking the direction you're going with the hooves, though the "heel" of the hoof on the right needs to be rounded out a bit more, goats have sort of a ball joint at the end of there hooves.

I'm completely with Fugsnarf on the light source, it mostly seems like it's coming from a top-slightly-to-the-left angle but then other parts of his body are shaded as if it is coming from the right or just straight from the top.

The tricep on his arm to the left side should have a tad bit less shading and a few highlights since that is the direction the light source would be coming in from(I think).

As for your trouble with the abs, since he is bunched over the first 2 sections(Top left and top right) of his 6-pack would be bulging out a lot, a little bit over the 2 below it. Though they would still be visible, however I don't think you'd be able to see the bottom 2 muscles at this angle, so it would look like a 4-pack with the 2 on top being larger and way more defined than the bottom section.

The hand on the right is looking alright so far but the other one just seems way too small, and his arm bracelet shouldn't conform to his forearm muscles; actually should be the other way around.

All-in-all it's looking great man! Loving the pose and how the eyes seem to stare right at you. Maybe you could even add some red lighting effects around them to make it pop out even more. If'd you like me to make an edit to help show what i'm talking about I will, just too much of a lazy bastard to do it right now :p

I am going to do the 'eye' work after every other part is completed as I feel eyes are the most important part of any creature is their eyes so once I get the pose and shading and everything right, I'll complete the eyes.

If the legs look good now, I'll properly shade them and even try to add some muscles to them.

Let me know what you feel about the update.
What is his right hand doing...
Judging from its rotation, nothing untoward.
I'd suggest you make it look like it's standing on it's hooves, right now it looks more like the hooves are replicating some sort of toes. Sharpen the hooves up some more too, the space between them isn't that big so you can change that a bit also. Although i think you should define his lower mid section more ish or something cause it goes in(back) and then the legs come out, although i guess that's correct it just looks off imo judging from how the right leg is placed.
Page: 1 2