ID:1477621

What are some pros and cons of the byond pager user interface / user experience in your opinion.
Pros:
Less messages are being received from people I used to frequently get messages from, advertising their games, which I can only imagine means there will be less of a bandwidth usage.
Everything is there, Games, Feeds, Forum posts are all readily accessible in one convenient spot.

Cons:
Goes hand in hand with the first pro, Using the sample of my list of pager friends, less messages are being sent. Less communication amongst people via BYOND's pager, most people I know have now evolved to Skype to rely upon messaging.

Design, though this is more of a personal preference, I am not fond of the design of the pager, it is too dark for my tastes, and instead of being a vertical column, it is now invasive, and made to be an application, more than a helping hand. I was fond of how the previous pager was laid out, but again, the masses may not agree.
In response to Inuyashaisbest
Inuyashaisbest wrote:
Cons:
Goes hand in hand with the first pro, Using the sample of my list of pager friends, less messages are being sent. Less communication amongst people via BYOND's pager, most people I know have now evolved to Skype to rely upon messaging.

Strange, since the messaging via the pager is now much faster than it was.

Design, though this is more of a personal preference, I am not fond of the design of the pager, it is too dark for my tastes,

If you press the menu button in the top right (), and go to Preferences, and open the Appearance tab, you can change the colors of the entire pager to whatever you desire.

and instead of being a vertical column, it is now invasive

If you look in the top right and find this button (), it will collapse the pager into a column.

My personal pager is set up like so:
Neat! Thanks for the information Albro.
In response to Inuyashaisbest
No problem.

I feel that the new pager is everything it used to be and better. Granted, a large portion of BYOND's audience (that doesn't use the forums often) is a bit...younger, and many of them don't seem to like the fact that they were expected to figure out that they can change whatever the want by opening the "Preferences" menu (I would tack that onto the "instant gratification syndrome" that plagues this generation), but all-in-all, to someone who actually explores the new pager and tries to figure out all of its "secret" functions, it is really great.
even with the preferences, it just seems a tad clunkier; granted it now contains the whole of BYOND, but the old pager was strictly chat/play bookmarked games; now it is procrastinate and scroll endlessly through games wondering if any of them are worth your time.

My pros would be that updating apps/libraries looks a whole lot better visualised. And the rss feed is also brilliant. The cons being that you no longer use the pager to well..page people
The new pager is vastly improved from the old one. The trick is filling it with friends that you actually talk to :X
In response to Jean Sqribe
Jean Sqribe wrote:
The cons being that you no longer use the pager to well..page people

I do. :P
I got a 100% btw. Thanks guys.