ID:1477769

So I decided to continue with these Sign-in stuff and made a Sign-in with Facebook for BYOND Games.

You can test it out on my Social Media Exchange utility here.

I don't know what to do with these yet but eh, I'll think of something.

Source Code can be downloaded Here
Ideas:
-Post updates about achieved medals
-Post updates about what game they are currently in
-Allow them to invite their friends
Nice ideas and it would be an easy implementation
Sadly, it'll only be the games that use my API for BYOND for that
Funny..

However, it really is a good thing. For those that actually don't mind this, obviously it's beneficial for BYOND. However, I don't see that being me. I like hiding my identity from the ones I love. Odd, huh?
^ Well you don't need to use a real Facebook Account, any Facebook Account would suffice.

^ I'm sure people don't want others to know they play "Candy Crush Saga" or "Farmville" but in order to play it, you need to sign-in with Facebook regardless.

^ So in the end, if people want to play certain games, they may need to do it anyway and give in. It'll help the BYOND Community as well, so I see no pain in it :)
Falcon lazorz wrote:
this implies people on BYOND want their real friends to know they use BYOND.

Yeah, I definitely don't. I also wouldn't want to deal with creating a new one. There's a reason we have BYOND keys.

Ssj4justdale wrote:
^ I'm sure people don't want others to know they play "Candy Crush Saga" or "Farmville" but in order to play it, you need to sign-in with Facebook regardless.

The main reason I don't play those is because I think they are dumb. The second reason is that I don't want it connected to my Facebook.

If you mandated a connection to Facebook in order to play any of your games, I just plain wouldn't play them.
In response to Ssj4justdale
Ssj4justdale wrote:
^ Well you don't need to use a real Facebook Account, any Facebook Account would suffice.

^ So in the end, if people want to play certain games, they may need to do it anyway and give in. It'll help the BYOND Community as well, so I see no pain in it :)

What do you think I do? Lol. I have about 2 fake facebook accounts, 1 real one that I deactivated, and another one that I just plain rarely ever use. Primarily because FB has gotten boring and I just plain haven't gotten in to any of the other Social Medias in a serious manner.
Cool idea, however I really don't trust this enough to test. You should open source this.
As far as I know, all of my friends play Candy Crush Saga. It's like any other Bejewled-esque game. Nothing embarrassing about that. :P

I think you should make more useful APIs, though; that's not to say that allowing commnucation with Facebook and BYOND isn't useful, but like others have stated, it's not something you'd like your friends to know about. Instead, you could probably make a PayPal API(for those who don't wanna use BYOND's built-in subscription system), or even some of Google's APIs, like Google Translator(could be useful for translating to and from various languages in-game).
^ I like those ideas. I done a paypal one outside of BYOND but wouldn't be much difficult implementing it inside.

^ Google translate was one I did a while back and when you join the server, you choose your language and when someone chats, it'll translate accordingly for each player.
Well since people want the source, here you can view it here.
Lol. That thing has a linkbucks link. Bad! :P

Why not just make it a library?
because I would like some sort of profit, even if its a fraction of a sent. Right after linkbucks, you can download.

Think of it as paying a pretty penny(literally) for it.
I used to sign in to chess.com using my facebook account and I don't think it really showed that on my actual facebook. Maybe this could work similarly? My main complaint about facebook games is that they have all these "notify your friends" things that people just automatically click OK on. As long as it doesn't automatically invite 400 friends to play narto games, I'd be willing to sign in with facebook if I didn't have a key already.
haha, yeah, ^ it doesn't post crap to your friends and such, no worries.
I've never logged into anything with Facebook that actually makes posts automatically. The "can make posts" permission is to let you use the app to make a post, not let the app do whatever it wants, as far as I can tell.
Well, I never got much from link bucks when I tried it. Honestly, I think it's pure crap. ._.
^@kaiochao it doesn't even ask for permissions from what I see, all it does it get your name, picture and thats just about it.

^@Xirre I agree very much but eh few cents won't hurt ;p
I like this idea a lot. I regularly use the "register with Facebook" option when I make new accounts on websites because it saves time. As long as you're not REQUIRED to use your Facebook account, I really don't see how this could be anything but beneficial.
Page: 1 2