ID:1478522

Applies to:

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Hello.

As someone who's finicky with details, I thought it would be nice if BYOND's FMOD implementation could support looping of OGG audio files via metadata included in said OGG audio file.

Other game engines are able to use it apparently, such as good ole RM (as shown here: http://bit.ly/1aKQpn7), and this addition would be nice for those who would like to have music loop the way they want, the (relatively) easy way.

From what I've gathered from searching on google, FMOD seems to be able to allow this, should the platform on which FMOD is used allow it.

Comments?
Hate to bump, but it would be nice to know if this has been acknowledged, and perhaps know about the feasibility of this request.

Thanks in advance! :)
We'll take a look, but one caveat is that due to our unusual license arrangement with FMOD, we are bound to an older version.
I understand. Thanks for the info, Tom! :)
I would appreciate this feature being added as well. I'm not a creator of games, but I use custom oggs in the game Sigrogana Legend 2 (as players can have custom battle themes), so it would be very awesome to have this feature.
Could just move to a dynamically built OpenAL Soft with mpg123/vorbisfile; then one could have more control over it and wouldn't have to deal with the terrible licensing of audio libraries.
This would be cool. I'd like to see the implemented.
You could try using browser controls to handle looping ogg.
In response to Ishuri
Ishuri wrote:
You could try using browser controls to handle looping ogg.

.OGG repeat in webclient doesn't work, so I don't think getting a repeating loop is going to happen as easily without going to some other audio library.
To note, I believe this is also a problem with midi's.