ID:1479799

Resolved
An .output command has been added to skins, with the form .output [control] [text]. This can be used to trigger JavaScript, put text in a control, or more. At present it cannot be used to send images or objects to output, only text.
Applies to:Dream Seeker

This issue has been resolved.
Okay, one more from me for the month to go alongside the new javascript interface stuff (THIS IS BRILLIANT, GUYS! I just found out I can invoke verbs as well using winset("command=\"verbname\""))

I'd like to have a built-in DS command that can be triggered via skin commands similarly to .winset on the client-side.

.output

It would be functionally identical to the output proc on the server side, with the ability to trigger javascript function invocations, as well as send text to the browser, etc.

Thanks again guys, this has been a great month of features!
Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
An .output command has been added to skins, with the form .output [control] [text]. This can be used to trigger JavaScript, put text in a control, or more. At present it cannot be used to send images or objects to output, only text.
Shweeet. Not only can we animate interfaces now, we can totally make some simple client-side "minigames" with features like these!

The next time you go to cut down a tree in a sandbox survival game, a little rhythm minigame might pop up! (and because it would be client-side, you wouldn't have to worry about the host having a poor connection!)
In response to DarkCampainger
DarkCampainger wrote:
The next time you go to cut down a tree in a sandbox survival game, a little rhythm minigame might pop up! (and because it would be client-side, you wouldn't have to worry about the host having a poor connection!)
Hazordhu had this at some point. It was... as you'd expect.

It was dropped in favor of easier building. People don't actually want to play a minigame X times to build a house, instead of... clicking X times.
Regardless, this is most awesome. Thank you Lummox, these two new features you guys have added regarding JS will be most helpful in getting more of the bloat away from the server.