ID:1481021

Resolved
Window names did not show up properly when right-clicking in the skin editor.
BYOND Version:504.1228
Operating System:Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 34.0.1797.2
Applies to:Dream Maker

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary:

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1. Open up environment in Dream Maker
2. Go to DMF file
3. Open a window/pane
4. Right click, shows "(null)" instead of name of pane/window.

Expected Results:
Context menu shows name of the ID as the bottom most thing in the context menu.

Actual Results:
Shows "(null)" instead.

Does the problem occur:
This occurs in every environment I've tried it in.

When does the problem NOT occur?
It always does.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)
Started in 504.1228. It's fine in the previous build, 504.1227.

Workarounds:
none.

Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
Window names did not show up properly when right-clicking in the skin editor.
I made some changes to the skin stuff to allow for the new features in the last beta, and they apparently turned a relatively unsafe call into a problem. I'm kind of surprised the issue didn't manifest long ago.
Would this have anything to do with font settings being ignored for related skin elements?
In response to Bustercannon
Bustercannon wrote:
Would this have anything to do with font settings being ignored for related skin elements?

I'm not sure what you mean. Are you referring to something new you found in 1228?
Yes, it seems any font face settings such as verdana, tahoma, aren't registering, HTML codes in outputs, even the skin font selections aren't changing my stuff to verdana, looks tahoma by default for everything. The only thing I see that works is by physically typing HTML codes during runtime to reproduce the font I want, but even then I couldn't use it for people's names.

Edit: Just as a note I haven't found any work-arounds as of yet.
The issue you found should be a separate bug report. When you get a chance, please post one. I've found some stuff wrong with output controls, grids, and maps that fits the same pattern as the bug here, but I'd like to know more if you have any other details.
On it.