Looks like I can't finish in in the time provided, though I may still post my game when I finish. Although I may take a bit longer on it now that I don't have a deadline. Good luck to all those who have entered!

My progress did look fairly nice. Thanks for the inspiration.
Hmm, i like the preview of this so far, keep going with this for sure, looks like this could be pretty good, especially if now you are able to take a bit more time to get the specifics, the 'nitty gritty' sorted :D
Commencing judging now.
http://www.byond.com/games/Falconlazorz/CardGameRPG

A.)How did I assume a role of a character in a fictional setting? Did I?

1.) Yes

1.) I assumed the role of a new rookie who came to the battle city where card duelist around the world have come to pit their skills against one another. This rookie has started battling with a new deck and they want to become champion of duelist academy championship league by battling the 5 leader masters of the academy.

B.)Was it a card game is any game using playing cards as the primary device with which the game is played, be they traditional or game-specific?

1.) Yes

C.) Did it contain any copyright material?

1.) No

D.) Did they submit it between Feb 21-28?

1.) No

C.) Did I like it?

1.) It was rather repetitive. All I had to do was click a card to win each (combat/match/battle-whatever it was.)
There was not much variation in the track till the end.

The voice over and track was humorous although not the highest of audio quality and it seemed to be the main drive of the game so I expected better. There were slurring and muffling from when you get too close or far too the mike or something. The audio could have been edited for higher quality.

Despite being overused the track was indeed unique and interesting.
http://www.byond.com/games/Critical172/Hanulei

1.) Yes

1.) I assumed the role of one of three races who has been kidnapped by some thugs.

B.) Was it a card game is any game using playing cards as the primary device with which the game is played, be they traditional or game-specific?

1.) Yes

1.) Yes

1.) Yes

C.) Did I like it?

1.) The character in the cards were visually appealing. Toward the end of the intro I couldn't see some text bubbles which broke all immersion. Likewise other graphics seem to have issue with layer precedence. I was able to turn some cards in hand, not sure if this is suppose to happen. The world was fairly large. The npc's all seemed to appear the same. Sometimes crystals would have no effect and permanently take up space in trap zone. Sometimes cards will register as an unknown face down while in your hand. Sometimes there are runtime errors when you discarded. Added bonus it was multiplayer although I couldn't test that.
http://www.byond.com/games/Misticone/CardsGame

1.) No

1.) I assumed the role of myself.

B.) Was it a card game is any game using playing cards as the primary device with which the game is played, be they traditional or game-specific?

1.) Yes

1.) No

1.) Yes

C.) Did I like it?

1.) The rules were confusing. It contained unnecessary grammar (e.g. ?????,XD) The interface was well done. It seemed like a traditional game like spades although I can't be sure as I have only seen spades played a few times in my life.

http://www.byond.com/games/KickstarMyHeart/Meztl

1.) Yes

1.) I assumed role of female named Heronia who investigates a city and begins to fight these things called brutal that want to take her and other human's souls.

1.) Yes

1.) No

1.) Yes

C.) Did I like it?

1.) Visual appealing opening screen. Nice Graphics. If I just use arrows and don't push enter I can end up going off screen. There are no instructions on how to play. So, I had to figure out I needed to double click to use cards. Sometimes graphics flickered because of layering issues. The name of the card and picture seemed to represent it's ability to damage cards or main bar point system. It seemed that if the name of the cards were in English they would be easier for English speakers to guess which cards to use when battling.
The winner is Critical172. Post your PayPal on your hub to receive your $50.
Make Some Pocket Money UltimateGameMaker Style Contest # 2 is up.
Just wondering, how did Critical not have copywritten material? I'm fairly certain that Fire Emblem is still under copywright.
In response to Mightymo
Mightymo wrote:
Just wondering, how did Critical not have copywritten material? I'm fairly certain that Fire Emblem is still under copywright.

Yeah, I don't think UltimateGameMaker really tried Critical's game. There's a whole group of cards with the type "Saiyan". And, you know, all the Fire Emblem art.
Critical's game it's a copy of Heroes United DuelZ

Hanulei
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Heroes United
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I never heard of that game. We'll see if there is need to pick a new winner. An actual link to this claimed original would be a great help. Something in the gameplay of this? http://www.byond.com/ forum/?post=692910&hl=Heroes%20United%20DuelZ#comment1926441

So If I play this I will eventually run into a card game?

If too little was copied it is original.
-Join the game
-Click the card in your screen
http://www.byond.com/games/Falacy/HeroesUnited
Ok so it's borderline copyright infringement. I'll pick a new winner. Unless someone identifies that their game to is too similar to another in infrastructure.
The new winner is: KickstarMyHeart

I'll give it a second to see if someone can identify a problem. Otherwise post your PayPal on your game hub.
There is a slight possibility that Critical172 got permission from Falacy. Critical172 if you have received permission let us know.
Yes I have gotten permission
Proof?
Falacy wrote:
I released my games as open-source, people can do whatever they want with them

Case closed Critical172 gets the prize.
Page: 1 2 3