ID:1482183

Okay, so I'm testing out some animation. I feel that anti-aliasing may make this look better.

Anyway, what do you guys think? This is pretty much a Stance Test. I did the original sketch in Sketch Book with my Tablet, imported it into MS paint, scaled it down, and basically came up with the first frame. I then dragged it into DM, and improvised the rest of the animation from there.

This was originally an thrusting attack animation, buuuut I decided to make something that would look good before someone attacks.

I like it, runs smoothly but I think the arms may jump to far to fast.
Yeah, those arms are jumping more than I'd like them to. I'll have to go back in and fix that, along with some other things. This is actually my first time getting into the animating part of things.
I find that animating in different layers makes it a lot easier. It can be a little confusing at first but once you get it, you can make them run smooth.
How would I go about doing that in DM?
Besides the arms that Akto mentioned, it would look better if they eyes didn't move in my opinion. Other than that, I like it.
Well for actual layers you would need another program other than DM. I mean you could code in basically a rag-doll type of mob but that would be way more work than it would be worth.
Well I have Photoshop, which is where I first attempted doing the pixel art. Only issue I have with photoshop, is the eraser and it's annoying area of effect lol. That was going to me what I wanted to use for doing each frame.
In response to ShadowiceTeam
When you click the eraser in Photoshop, set the Mode to Block instead of Brush. As shown here:
Oh. My. Gawd. THANK YOU!!! Thank you sooo much. I'll defiitely be using photoshop now. I will come back and post results :)!

So, the things I should really fix are the jumps with the arm motion, along with the eye's movement.
The right foot may also slide a pixel to the left while he's breathing in, then slide back out once he releases his breath. Also the head should drop a pixel at about the same time as well.

And to make the movement look a little more fluid have the sword rotate about 5-10° clockwise. 'Cos it'd be damn near impossible to hold it completely flat like that while breathing.

Though all-in-all it looks great! And to get that layered effect Akto was talking about in DM I usually will copy the next step of the animation and constantly place it over the current one, then hit undo, then redo, and repeat! It also helps out to take the opacity down to about 50-65% before pasting the next step of the animation over so you can really grasp all of the changes and things that are moving.
I hadn't added any breathing to it, since this wasn't supposed to be idle. It's supposed to be the start of a thrusting attack, I just cut it short before moving forward with the thrust animation.

Though, I see what you mean about the foot. I'm looking at it now and I feel like BOTH feet should have some motion to it.

Regarding the Arms, I feel the same way. I should give it that sort of rotational movement. Just to give it more flavor.

The head though... eh. I like the head the way it is for this animation. I'll save that piece of advice for the Idle state though.

(I also gotta fix the pixels on that left/right knee lol).
Ahh, I thought this was the idle state! And I didn't even notice the knee bulging out till ya told me lol.

So the animation would be him flexing backwards to his left side before thrusting his sword right? You could add a little bit of, "Juicyness" to it by holding the animation at the last frame and adding sort of a twinkle effect to the sword. Kinda like in Zelda when you would charge you're spinning sword attack.

Regarding the feet, idk how both feet would move unless there is a hopping motion while going back and forth. You'd need that foot on the left to slide closer to his center mass so there'd be more leverage for when he thrusts the sword forward.

It's easier for me to actually act out the animation in a mirror, even maybe take pictures of myself for reference. So this one throws me off just a lil' bit since the base you drew is in a left-handed stance and i'm right-handed so it feels a bit unnatural.

Though once you've editted it post the next WIP! I'd like to see how it's imporved
I will do indeed! I had my laptop off for a couple of days so I didn't start on the improvement. I'm gonna get started when I get up in a few. I hope to add on extra as well!