ID:1482498

Information:
Utilizing a VPS running Ubuntu 11.10 32bit

Running latest stable BYOND/DreamDaemon install (503.1224)

Specific game in question is SS13, have utilized

multiple code iterations (from my own work and more stable releases), all appear non-funct.

Have already modified the majority of the file permissions to allow reading and writing (namely all BYOND files, + files required for the usage of the .dmb)

Utilized the first post on this thread to acquire the installation and start-up commands: http://www.byond.com/forum/?post=724528

Executes as far as this: http://gyazo.com/d9fedb68d56177e9a33dba24aa17ea0c

-----------------

Issue present:
Unable to get the game to run past its initial stages. It sets up just as it would on a DD ran from my own PC, but the server does not appear on the hub (Eventhough it is set to) nor am I able to connect via IP (even in the case of a blocked port it would show up on the hub, as far as I've noticed).

It should be noted that I am extremely new to the usage of Linux based systems, and as such lack the full know-how on what to do.

Any assistance would be greatful.
Can you try another game?

Looking at your image it seems the game in questions needs to connect to a SQL/MySQL database either locally or remote.

As it's failing to do so the game is just shutting itself down, this isn't surprising the game probably loads/saves a lot of information from the database.
The presence of a database should not be required for the code in question. I have been able to host the same exact code from my own, Windows, PC and connect to it successfully.

However, I did attempt to host a few other games, and the issue resided. Running DreamDaemon locally I was able to confirm that the codes in question did function, I was simply unable to connect to the one hosted from my VPS (even direct IP connection wasn't able to go through).
Do you have a firewall installed?

If not have you tried opening the port in iptables?

iptables -I INPUT -p tcp --dport 12345 -j ACCEPT

On a side note .. why such an outdated version of Ubuntu .. I don't think that 11 is even supported anymore... must be a pain to install anything new...
Was able to locate the partial issue. Stupidly enough I had been using an invalid IP address to join, the mistake spanning 2 last digits.

However, the issue remains of it not showcasing on the hub, this may be something else, and will look into shortly.

As far as the choice of OS is concerned, 11 was the newest Ubuntu the host had to offer. Alternatives would have been CentOS 5/6, and something else which I cannot remember off the top of my head.
Ap, disregard. Showcasing on the hub now as well. It appears that it was a most simple matter of myself misreading the IP address.

I feel a little bit dismayed at myself, now..