ID:1482891

Not a bug
BYOND Version:498
Operating System:Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 32.0.1700.76
Applies to:Dream Seeker

This is not a bug. It may be an incorrect use of syntax or a limitation in the software. For further discussion on the matter, please consult the BYOND forums.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
Ok I made this demo that will show that 'key up' events in the BYOND interface's macro system can be inexplicably lost for no good reason. Some people's games rely on key down and key up events to actually work. For example if a key down macro triggers movement to begin while a key up of the same macro triggers movement to end, but then the key up event is randomly lost, well boom, everything goes to hell.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
Download this demo: https://www.mediafire.com/?11ls4lxqb9r81rl which is source code that will show you the problem. All you need to do is follow the instructions the game gives you when you run it, which is basically run around randomly while pressing a shoot macro and eventually a key up event will be lost and you'll be stuck running in some direction while you aren't even pressing any arrow keys.

Expected Results:
There should always be the exact same number of key up events as there were key down events when you remove your hands from the keyboard and stop pressing buttons.

Actual Results:
Key up events are being lost, key down events exceed the number of key up events.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Something seems to be triggering it, but it is more like 50% of the time
In other games? Yes
In other user accounts? Yes
On other computers? Yes

When does the problem NOT occur?
Probably never.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)

I'm pretty sure it always occurred.

Workarounds:

None that I'm aware of but I would love to know, or actually have it be fixed.

When you open the demo source look at the macros in the interface.

Thanks.
Ter13 just informed me this is because my movement verbs are not set to instant.

Sorry, this is not a bug.
Stephen001 resolved issue (Not a bug)