ID:1483791

BYOND Version:N/A (Website Bug)
Operating System:Windows 8 Pro 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 32.0.1700.102
Applies to:Website

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
I was browsing the BYOND forum and felt the inclination to check someone's profile out. So I clicked on their name, which is supposed to show a popup with more information.

The white background of the popup was only visible for a short time, and then it went in reverse and popped out of existence. The modal stayed behind though.

What I think is happening here is that the Ajax call needed to create the popup has failed, and that the error handler is hiding the popup but not the modal (or alerting the user for that matter).

My internet connection randomly drops HTTP requests, which could account for the Ajax failure. At times I get a 404 on a webpage that I know for a fact exists (among others: google.com) and when I try to load the page again it's immediately available.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1. Start Fiddler.
2. Go to the forum, any page so long as you can request details on a member.
3. Set up Fiddler to pre-approve every HTTP request.
4. Click on the name of a member.
5. Abort the request. The popup will now disappear but the modal will stay behind.

Expected Results:
Either an error message or a retry (up to N times), in my case preferably the latter.

Actual Results:
A glitch, which although minor & insignificant is worth mentioning I think.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?
I just tested. It occurs every time so long as the request is aborted.
On other computers?
I haven't tested in other browsers, but I'm fairly certain that it's a universal problem with a universal solution.

When does the problem NOT occur?
The problem does not occur if the request passes normally and a response is received.

Workarounds:
You can click anywhere on the screen to make the modal go away, and then you can retry manually.