Spirit Age

by Chris Gayle
Spirit Age
An amazing action adventure game in a fantasy world on mystical islands
I looked again and its because at firs the rabbit is running on the top of the roof thing, and then without jumping or any transition then he is running on the ground, then ontop of a "mountain" then the top of a tree. So its not like he is platforming but rather just running with no collision.
Interesting, I never saw it that way, but I understand. I'll change that when I update the video.
I will keep my trolling at bay for this thread as I really do commend you for your efforts.

I hope that your kickstarter does well as I think that would be very motivational to other byond devs, will bring in more players, and help boost Byond itself.

Thus, onto another point.

You make claims to a lot of things with the game such as your platformer aspect. However, your not demonstrating that to the people watching the video.

Your not even demonstrating the game is really an action game or not.

I've found that people have come to rely on videos for purchasing games, products, etc... as people interpret words differently. Such as your verison of action is not someone elses. By watching the video they can obtain your verison of what the word "action" means to your game.

Also in the video you show some concept art for weapons. This is getting to where I believe you need to head.

Look at a couple of MMO trailers for things like "maplestory".

They say things like:

"Loads of weapons"

and then show you a bunch of characters with a bunch of weapons or changining weapons.

By doing so they are saying:

"We said there was a lot of weapons, and we stand by what we say so here is a crap load of weapons."

Thus, people are more likely to believe their other claims.

Right now with your video it leaves a person thinking:

"They said it's action, but all I saw was someone running and someone standing on a ship.... Where is the action?"

This brings me back to a point from a post I made a few days ago.

You are trying to sell your "product" to the people. People call it kickstarting, crowdfundining, whatever... however it still is purchasing a product at it's bare chasis.

This means that people are going to weigh the product more heavly than something they are buying out right, especially as they only have an estimate of getting the game a year from now.

Thus, I believe for your kickstarter to succeed you will need to supply a lot more "value" to the person kickstarting or they are less likely to.

"value" does not just mean giving them something for kickstarting but rather by doing things like showing yes you claimed one thing, and then demonstrate that you held up that claim.
Keep polishing this out Zane, you're doing fantastic. Once it comes out, it'll be a huge hit. It definitely brings traffic towards BYOND.
Literally can't read a lot of the text on the map: http://imgur.com/lZUiXNI

Edit: Downgraded to Stable build and all is well. Beta builds will see it as I've noted.
In response to Akando5959
Akando5959 wrote:
I will keep my trolling at bay for this thread as I really do commend you for your efforts.

I hope that your kickstarter does well as I think that would be very motivational to other byond devs, will bring in more players, and help boost Byond itself.

Thus, onto another point.

You make claims to a lot of things with the game such as your platformer aspect. However, your not demonstrating that to the people watching the video.

Your not even demonstrating the game is really an action game or not.

I've found that people have come to rely on videos for purchasing games, products, etc... as people interpret words differently. Such as your verison of action is not someone elses. By watching the video they can obtain your verison of what the word "action" means to your game.

Also in the video you show some concept art for weapons. This is getting to where I believe you need to head.

Look at a couple of MMO trailers for things like "maplestory".

They say things like:

"Loads of weapons"

and then show you a bunch of characters with a bunch of weapons or changining weapons.

By doing so they are saying:

"We said there was a lot of weapons, and we stand by what we say so here is a crap load of weapons."

Thus, people are more likely to believe their other claims.

Right now with your video it leaves a person thinking:

"They said it's action, but all I saw was someone running and someone standing on a ship.... Where is the action?"

This brings me back to a point from a post I made a few days ago.

You are trying to sell your "product" to the people. People call it kickstarting, crowdfundining, whatever... however it still is purchasing a product at it's bare chasis.

This means that people are going to weigh the product more heavly than something they are buying out right, especially as they only have an estimate of getting the game a year from now.

Thus, I believe for your kickstarter to succeed you will need to supply a lot more "value" to the person kickstarting or they are less likely to.

"value" does not just mean giving them something for kickstarting but rather by doing things like showing yes you claimed one thing, and then demonstrate that you held up that claim.

All of that is true, except you underestimate just how "shallow" most people are. I've seen campaigns post pictures with way less content than this kickstarter campaign and make literally 45,000 dollars or more.(this was on indiegogo.com )

In the end it's about exposure and how well you can get your game out there.

Many people don't care so much about gameplay as they should, but visuals- I know many people who play crappy games or buy them JUST because they "look" awesome.

(Not saying SA isn't awesome) I'm just saying that art is one of it's strongest points at the moment. And the action is also further down the page as well- if you scroll down there's many Gif's of combat, spell casting,etc- albeit none of it in gameplay but still- it's there.

In response to Akando5959
@ Chris Gayle- What program did you use to make that video? It's very well done.
The funding failed what happens now?
We have continued, learned plenty, so the information we gathered over the last few weeks has been put to good use. It's very likely SA will do a second run on Kickstarter later in the year. Think we "know how to do it" now.

There are a couple things I am really excited about, but we have some more work to put in before sharing, saying it today would be premature. May will be a good month as we try a few new things on servers.
Page: 1 2