ID:1485776

What was the reasoning for giving the pager a unique look - with the black background, and Metro-style controls - instead of using standard control like the old pager? Just wondering.
I think it's to attract a wider crowd. Not everyone would use something that looks pre-2000.
I preferred the old pager, it was very basic and straightforward. I have no problems with the new pager, just prefer the old one.
Most likely yes.
I've been using BYOND since the pager was part of Dream Seeker. The evolution of the pager has generally been for the better.
In response to Super Saiyan X
Eventually, games will be played from within the pager once more.
I prefer the old pager as well, but I think if the old pager had never existed, I wouldn't have a problem with the new one.

It doesn't seem like a good idea to spend much effort on a new pager unless it's going to be a lot better (not just different) though.
The new pager is quite a lot better though, the messaging protocol was vastly improved, the amount of information avaliable within it is far more robust and overall useability has gone up.

Of course there are going to be growing pains for both the development and user side of the application.