ID:148658

Ok, whenever i use Entered() for a Turf, it works. But whenever i use it on an area it does jack all. Can anyone help me? And i dont want to use a turf either. A obj or area is fine.

area
Battle_Grass
Entered(atom/movable/m)
world << "[m] found"
if(ismob(m))
var/mob/D = m
if(!D.client)
world << "A, aint a client"
return
if(!D.Bnum)
var/C=rand(1,20)
if(C<5)
var{M;M1;M2;R}
M=new/mob/monsters/Monster
R=rand(1,2)
if(R<1){M1=new/mob/monsters/Monster2}
else{..()}
R=rand(1,2)
if(R<1){M2=new/mob/monsters/Monster}
else{..()}
D << sound('08_sentou2.mid',1)
D.Rbattle(M,M1,M2)
else
world << "A,s Bnum is wrong"
return 1
</1></1></<></5>
Well, if it isn't working, change the proc into something else, and call src.loc.proc(M) for the turfs, then ..() to do the default.
I'm curious in what way this isn't working for you. Can you be more specific on what's happening?

A few things I did notice that I should call your attention to: The "return 1" will do nothing there because Entered() uses no return value, and the call to ..() won't do anything because you're not inheriting from anything. (The standard atom/Entered() proc does nothing.)

If nothing at all is happening, including the output of debug messages, I'd suspect the error is in your map, and the area simply hasn't been put on the map (or at least isn't where you thought it was).

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
Thanks you two, you helped me, i figured out that i had to use Enter() and i got rid of return 1, and all that. Now my ff type battle system works!