Original Hub Lands of Legend

by Ginseng
Original Hub Lands of Legend
Immerse yourself in an in-depth world of monsters, heroes, and great treasure as you wander the Lands of Legend!
ID:1487692

Personally, I am tired of the last few weeks when I have been the only person playing at times, but what I am more tired of seeing is the lack of care the admins (current) put into the game, if it wasn't enough to have a admin pelt you with reasons why they are muting you or booting you or banning you because you broke a small rule, but its also an annoyance when they don't give youa RP status you want, or even care to hear others complaints.. FURTHERMORE, I have been online enough to see that they aren't on enough to make a difference, and even when they are on, they hide in rooms away from the public lazily not giving to fox's whats happening around them, maybe they should be preparing events, or even ROLEPLAYING like everyone else, oh and whats this whole they can speak every language 100%??? they don't have to work on it but we do, I for one think that this game in order for it to get big, we need to change the positions of moderastors and in game admins, maybe let go of a few bad apples per say so that the public can fully enjoy a non favoritism game and one that everyone is treated equally.
Hey there,

I understand your frustration, and I want to thank you again for your patience. As it stands, it has been difficult enough getting the game to be fairly stable, and running it can be a daunting task in itself.

I'll admit, things can be handled in much better ways, and we're all still fairly new at managing a game like this. Right now, there is little structure in how the game is managed. Everything is basically improvised based on our own judgement and what we've seen done in the past. Up until now, things have worked out pretty well considering what there is to work with.

However, this game has rules for a reason, and I believe that they are very clear. For instance "None of these channels [for IC chat] may be spammed in any way that is not legit roleplay in order to raise language knowledge or roleplay points" means exactly what it says. Exceptions aren't made, however I agree that there isn't anything set in stone about how to deal with such things. Cursing out an admin because said admin did something to handle the rule being broken only makes things worse for everyone.

As for roleplay statuses/ranks, I also agree that those are handled very poorly. I hate the ranking system very much, and that is why I pass the handling of that onto the other admins. Yes, very often players do not receive statuses they ask for, however good RP is still looked for, and many ranks aren't needed for players to have a certain experience. Players really should understand the power and potential of actually roleplaying.

Also, admins are still considered players. I don't expect any admin to constantly be required to prepare events or roleplaying with most of the playerbase. I have never seen a player ignored by admins, and in fact we're much more patient with players than we'd sometimes like to be. As for being able to speak every language 100%, that is entirely untrue. For one, no admin has given any player any language or edited any language, including themselves. Second, you really should try to prove why you believe any admin has wrongly benefited themselves. You can't go on a hunch, because its more than easy to gain language knowledge in a legit way, and the specific admin you complained about does spend more than enough time online and actually roleplaying than you claim. On the other hand, I keep track of every action any admin makes. I can see exactly what happened, when it happened, and often where it happened.

Above all else, please bring any specific problems you may have about any of this directly to me. Making broad complaints only result in a broad response like this one.
Well lion have fun with your retarded game allowing ping as an admin was your biggest mistake, having trolls as admins was a GREAT choice, Have fun devolping a game for the trolls, assholes, and shit disturbers. Seem's like things will just get worse. Don't bother replying because I wont bother reading the waste of time that is presented.
In response to Kal-gore
Well, I am replying, just in case you decide you to read this someday.

To start, I find it interesting how your attitude about the game (and as an extension, me and those I've chosen as admins) seems to change quite often. I can only assume that this is actually your real attitude, because you have posted here publicly, responding the same way twice. I'm also not sure what you hope to accomplish with sarcasm, swearing, and poor grammar. The only way I can respond to that is by presenting what you consider a waste of time.

I feel that I've already explained the state of things well enough in my response above. I'm not sure whether or not you actually took the time to read it, but I continue to stand by the fact that I realize things are far from perfect. I also asked for you to bring specific problems directly to me, which apparently you have not done. I certainly will not be able to see both sides of what seems to have happened between you and Ping unless you do so. Even if I am offline, I can still be contacted through the pager, Skype, and email, which I can respond to when I find it. I just happened to stumble upon these posts twice, which resulted in my slower response time.

Right now I have no indication to what action you really would like me to take. All I can gather is that you want my chosen admins to be removed, which will result in there not being any admins at all due to no replacement. This game is strongly driven by admins. Without them, players will not receive ranks/statuses entirely, there will be no roleplay events entirely, there will be no one to deal with rule breaking entirely.

Perhaps you should try further patience and working with us instead of swearing and going on a verbal rampage. Right now, this is the way things are - an extension of how things have been the last few years. So far, things have worked out pretty well, even though they are imperfect.