ID:1488468

Problem description: So I'm using forum_account's Dynamic Lighting system, and I get this problem where at the edges of the map the lighting system isn't working.

The opacity also causes a few issues with turfs. Image of the problem below, maybe I just implemented it wrong.

If you need any code let me know.

I'm not 100% sure of the internals of FA's dynamic lighting, but perhaps there exists some unintended conflict of pixel offset with the overlays used for the lighting?
In response to Koshigia
Koshigia wrote:
I'm not 100% sure of the internals of FA's dynamic lighting, but perhaps there exists some unintended conflict of pixel offset with the overlays used for the lighting?

Hmm, I'm unsure to be honest. I decided to use FIREking's light speed instead, which works fine but makes the game a little sluggish on launch. Whether that be in my game or on his demo. I might need to check if hardware mode is turned on.

Run the profiler and reboot the server :)
It's not running on a server, just compile and run from DM. It's only a single player game anyway I'm working on anyways.

Also not quite sure what you mean by run the profiler, I don't know what a profiler is.
In response to Rickoshay
Rickoshay wrote:
It's not running on a server, just compile and run from DM. It's only a single player game anyway I'm working on anyways.

Also not quite sure what you mean by run the profiler, I don't know what a profiler is.

If you have #define DEBUG set somewhere in your source then you can access Dream Seeker or Dream Daemon's profiler, depending on the one you're using. The profiler tells you some statistics about CPU usage, execution time, etc., for every function called.

To get to it in single player start your game, press F1, click "Server", and then "Profile...".

Edit: That ninja post. :D
When you are hosting the game, in the file menu, choose options and messages. When the "options and messages" window pops up, under the server drop down menu, there's a "profile" option. While the profile window is open, it will keep tabs on how long different procedures take to return. This will help you figure out where the lag is occurring.

*edit* lol at reformist. No worries... I was slow responding (my youngest daughter's birthday)