ID:149235

I have a problem in my game. Usually when i run the game, the map shows up, and everything is fine. I added a code so when I log in I get a certain icon. Heres the code

mob/Login()
if(usr.key == "Imbob182182")
usr.icon = 'bart.dmi'
usr.icon_state = "bartman"
..()

It says this when i run it

loading Simpsons.dme
loading Map4.dmp
saving Simpsons.dmb

Simpsons.dmb - 0 errors, 0 warnings

but then when it comes up, I login with my key name (Imbob182182) and the screen is black. The map won't show up or anything. and, yes, i did put in the right icon name and icon state. I checked a few times. Can somebody please help me?

Thank you!

by the way, first one who answers with the answer gets temporary gm skills whenever me or firebal1 hosts. every time. thanks!

Imbob182b182 wrote:
I have a problem in my game. Usually when i run the game, the map shows up, and everything is fine. I added a code so when I log in I get a certain icon. Heres the code

mob/Login()
usr.icon = 'bart.dmi'
..()

It says this when i run it

loading Simpsons.dme
loading Map4.dmp
saving Simpsons.dmb

Simpsons.dmb - 0 errors, 0 warnings

but then when it comes up, I login with my key name (Imbob182182) and the screen is black. The map won't show up or anything. and, yes, i did put in the right icon name and icon state. I checked a few times. Can somebody please help me?

Thank you!

by the way, first one who answers with the answer gets temporary gm skills whenever me or firebal1 hosts. every time. thanks!

mob/Login()
usr.icon = 'bart.dmi'
usr.loc=locate(1,1,1)
..()
else
..()

RaeKwon
In response to RaeKwon
ok the map shows again with raekwons code but my icon still wont come up. itll use what comes up in the character select. i dont know how to get the icon to work
In response to Imbob182b182
That's because you're not logging in. Try ckey and take out all spaces and capitol letters in your name (rather, make all your letters lower case)
In response to Garthor
ok, that doesnt do anything either, and be more specific when you answer next time. i didnt really get what you meant.
key = the person's key name. ckey = the person's key name, without any spaces or upper case letters.
In response to Garthor
Garthor wrote:
That's because you're not logging in. Try ckey and take out all spaces and capitol letters in your name (rather, make all your letters lower case)

Actually, it should work fine what i posted, try changeing usr to src.

RaeKwon
Imbob182b182 wrote:
i didnt really get what you meant.

Either did I.

In my unprofessional, and probably blatantly wrong opinion, I'd say that you should be using src instead of usr in this instance. You should never use usr except for in verbs.

=V
In response to Garthor
nope, it still doesnt work. the choose character thing pops up and it wont do anything untill you select one. it will then use the icon in the character select you chose. how can i avoid this? i cant get the icon to work because of this.
AFTER the icon select proc, set your icon.