ID:149242

I'm looking for some help coding an ip ban and key ban into my game.... I've got an annoying little prick (Zlegend2) who came in flooding it and the best i got is a boot :-/
Rinshiro wrote:
I'm looking for some help coding an ip ban and key ban into my game.... I've got an annoying little prick (Zlegend2) who came in flooding it and the best i got is a boot :-/

You can always pager-ban him....

Also, check out s_admin, its made by Spuzzzum.
In response to Sariat
yeah i did pager ban him..but dose that not allow him to come in the game?
In response to Rinshiro
Yes. Pagerbanning someone automatically prevents them from entering any games hosted by you.
In response to Foomer
Foomer wrote:
Yes. Pagerbanning someone automatically prevents them from entering any games hosted by you.

Unless they can change thier IP and have an Extra key available.
In response to Sariat
okay cool, I've also got the s_admin, tho i get 2 warnings on the src.density and visibility (I am a n00b at coding)

GM_ghostform()
set desc = "() Toggle invisibility and lack of density"
set category = "GM"
src.density = !density
src.visibility = !visibility
In response to Rinshiro
You should contact Spuzzum about that - it's his library I think, and he may not have upgraded it to work well with the latest BYOND release, if that is the problem...
In response to Foomer
This only works if you are hosting via DreamSeeker.
If anyone knows anything about networking, then they probably know the possible hazards of IP Banning....like banning one address actually banning multiple people....or the player having a non-static address. However, being that there is now a quota on how many keys a person can own per email address, doesn't this in a way make IP banning more pointless? (yes, I do know of places like hotmail.com where you can create as many addresses as you please)