ID:149256

k....I tried insertin a usr prompt, so that a usr may make his name w/e he wants when he enters. this is the code i have...
mob
Login()
world << "[usr] Has entered!" //allows the world to know when someone enters
usr.name = input("What is your name?") in list ("[usr]","Create New") //makes a pop up window for the usr who entered
if(Login/"Create New")
usr.name = input("What is your name?") in text
..()

but it had a bug....cuz if u picked that u wanted to create new....then ur name became create new, so i tried to add in an if arguement, but now..for one...the if arguement doesnt work..plus when i have the if arguement in the code....u can no longer use the say verb.... if anyone knows how to fix this...i'd appreciate it... :D
-Hock
What you want is something that looks like this:

<code>if(name == "Create New")</code>

I don't know what that thing you wrote was supposed to be...
First off, your forum sucks byond. Ok, now, i want to know how to make certian verbs only effect certian objects. ie. if a character were to click on the nice sign to read it, and instead of clicking on the read command, he clicks on the attack command, and the sign gets killed. I don't want this to happen, I want to know how to make it so if some player were to attempt to use, say the attack command on something like a sign or a punching bag, how can I negate this verb for the sign, or whatever?
In response to Jango Fett
In response to Foomer
thanks dude..hehe....
-Hock
In response to Foomer
no punching bag? why god why? oh, and the forum does not suck, i do....
In response to Foomer
not that it will envolve dbz..... but, what would you recomend instead? i just started this programming, and... im so scared and little.....