ID:149284

here's the code, I know I am doing something stupid...

This is supposed to trigger when the item "bumps" a mob

Bump(atom/O)
if(ismob(O)) //if I hit a player/NPC,
var/mob/M = O // create a mob alias to O
//here is where you would damage
M.HP -=3 // hurt M for 3 points of damage
del(src) // delete the KI Ball

(for the exact formatting you can see the txt file I made here: http://killabee.myip.org/mob.txt )
The M.HP line isn't indented far enough. That's probably all it is, although I've never seen this particular error before.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
nope, indentation is perfect :( it looks off in the post, but in the text file it's right
In response to Killabee
See I was originally using the flying bullet code to make a shooting ball of evergy. it worked on the fact that it flew, but I needed to add in the del and the damage it does on bump of a mob. If there is a better way to do this, please tell me how.

Thanks.

:)
In response to Killabee
any help?
What I think it may be is that you are checking for a lot of things. Like from atom to mob then changing mob.

Bump(mob/M)
M.HP -= 3
DeathCheck(M)
del(src)

How about that
In response to Killabee
Would you mind not spamming the forum? It is rude and uncalled for, and besides, it is rude, although you are obviously new, so I will excuse you from any insults, if you aren't new, I would advise masking the fact you are making another DBZ clone, it tends to make people angry at you, and drives away most help from good people, most people say that if you are making a DBZ game, why not steal the code for your favorite one just like everyone else... No offense man, just trying to help you out.

MORAL OF THIS POST: New people aren't stupid, just very ignorant. ;P
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:
Would you mind not spamming the forum?

<font face="Arial, helvetica">What in the heck are you talking about? This guy just wants some help with a code problem...</font>

if you aren't new, I would advise masking the fact you
are making another DBZ clone,

<font face="Arial, helvetica">Um, just because you care for DBZ clones or not, has nothing to do with his code problem posting...</font>

it tends to make people angry at you...

<font face="Arial, helvetica">So far the only person angry sounding in this post is you...most likely people are going to be mad at you for disrupting the post...</font>

and drives away most help from good people

<font face="Arial, helvetica">I have yet to see any of the 'good people' not help out someone with a legitimate code problem who was willing to learn...</font>

most people say that if you are making a DBZ game,
why not steal the code for your favorite one just like
everyone else... No offense man, just trying to help
you out.

<font face="Arial, helvetica">Who are these 'most people'? A small handful of disgruntled people who are too lazy to learn how to program DM is not 'most people'...And no, you are not trying to help him out, but to discourage him from programming by posting completely off-topic...go to 'babble', or better yet, save BYOND's bandwidth and bitch about this in your favorite IM...leave the guy alone...</font>

MORAL OF THIS POST: New people aren't stupid, just
very ignorant. ;P

<font face="Arial, helvetica">I hope you include yourself in that definition, because most of your recent posts (particularly the DBZ related ones) have done very little in being constructive to the community.</font>