ID:149329

problems keeping seperate battle maps for multiple players
during a random battle your sent to a map of the area you were on but everyone gets sent to the same place and you get players on top of each other. How to prevent and have seperate maps for each player with corasponding enemie.
I've wondered how you'd get this done..... You could create a big map, space players on it so that they couln't see each other.

And if they're like fighing in a clearing, you could just create a black tile that couldn't be seen through, so that the other players wouldn't see other clearings.

You could aslo do multiple maps, and keep a variable tracking which 'rooms' are being used.
In response to Nova2000
In response to Volt
And your point is?
In response to Nova2000
the only problem i see with that is that with enough people that way wont work. Keeping track of the rooms is a good idea but not posable to make that many maps to track so many people and if was done the game would be to huge of a download.
In response to Dekuh
Dekuh wrote:
the only problem i see with that is that with enough people that way wont work. Keeping track of the rooms is a good idea but not posable to make that many maps to track so many people and if was done the game would be to huge of a download.

It wouldn't be that bad really. [link] touches on the subject of using dynamic map allocation for battle maps like that.