ID:149343

Corporate Dog wrote:
Yeah, we saw your first message. Let me reiterate some points made from that first thread...

1.) There are already (seemingly) hundreds of poorly-coded, poorly-planned, and unoriginal DBZ games here.

2.) Those of us who KNOW how to code could care less about seeing ANOTHER DBZ game. Ergo, you won't find any help from us.

3.) The few DBZers who know a little bit about coding will probably want payment of some sort. You have no payment to give. Ergo, you won't find any help from them either. That sort of exhausts your supply of people to help you.

4.) Nobody likes to see laziness. I spent at least a week reading the Byond documentation and blue book (once I received it) before I even touched Dream Maker. But the fact that you're unwilling to LEARN the language and environment yourself tells me that you either expect me to hand you code on a silver platter (which IS NOT going to happen), or that you really aren't committed to the game that you say you want to create (in which case, why should I help you when you'll find some other shiny new bauble to play with a week from now).

So stop wasting our time and yours with these postings. Run along, read the documentation, and learn something instead.

Regards,
Corporate Dog

I already tried my best in learning the dm language. im only 13 and im living wit my mom and bro (18) in a motel. shes lookin 4 a job. thats y i didnt buy the dm guide. also, i m trying 2 make my game. so far all i got was a place where u can get dragonballs and punch pbags. i downloaded the rpgworld pack. so now will somebody help me. of course i will help and once again, i have no dimes. :(

lates
DiZzyBonne
I did not see the post corporate dog was talking about, so I will not say anything about that, but I will give my 2 cents about your age excuse. I continually hear people say "I can't do it because i'm only 12." or something like that. It is no excuse, I started learning to program about the time I started school (age 6). And that was on a different programming language that is not as easy to use as byond's dream maker. Sure, it might not be as easy for you to learn as it would be for someone that has finished high school, or even college, but my point is that you can do it. You do not have to be a top-notch programmer when you first start. When I started way back then I started on a simple rpg. All you did in it was push a button and you hit the cpu opponent then they hit back, the game ended when one of you died, and there were no graphics. This may sound like a waste of time to you, but these are the kind of small things you start on. It takes time to see results.

My main point is, keep working at it, and don't say that you aren't getting anywhere until you have been working at it for a while.
In response to Loduwijk
Thanx Loduwijk! That really made me feel better about my self. And if it souunds like im being sarcastic right now, im not. Really, thanx.

Lates
DiZzyBonne
In response to DiZzyBonne
Good to hear. I know what it is like when you first start out (I was there once, don't forget). Also don't forget that there are many of us here to support you and help you through the tough times. If you want a bit of help I would be happy to lend a hand (I am in a abnormally good mood today, my life is taking some nice turns).
DiZzyBonne wrote:
I already tried my best in learning the dm language. im
only 13

So? When I was 13, the world was far less computer savvy, and yet I was programming in Logo and Basic.

and im living wit my mom and bro (18) in a motel. shes
lookin 4 a job. thats y i didnt buy the dm guide.

You don't need the blue book to learn DM. Everything you need is free online.

Regards,
Corporate Dog
Keep going, but steer away from DBZ games! 2 friends of mine who started using BYOND (Greener Pastures, ChocoboSage) both started out with DBZ games. While they had some fun making them, they were too challenged by trying to live up to the graphics and storyline presented in the DBZ series. They eventually burned out, but they might have matured into useful developers if they had not set their expectations so high. If you need help with a project at any time, feel free to contact me via e-mail or IM me via AIM, on which my screen name is Goblin150. Good luck!

-Ryan "Lord of Water" P.
In response to Loduwijk
In response to Likwiddraino000
For god's sakes shut up.. if they like dragonballz .. then so be it.. i like dbz sort of. its their fave show.. and maybe a hobbie to watch it.. don't tell other people what to do.. like you people making retroquest Alike games and maybe some people didn't like retroquest.. but shut up.. you don't play it.. so who are you blabing?(example) if they like dbz and wanna make a fan game, then let them. you are not their boss.. you can't make em do anything.in the byond rules did it say "DO NOT MAKE GAMES YOU LIKE.. YOU MUST MAKE GAMES LIKE MADE UP STRAG GAMES OR RPGS!".. no it didn't so SHUT UP! (To corp/and that idiot with no message in his Post.)

yes and I DID USE ..! SO LIVE WITH IT!
In response to Loduwijk
All the lazy people that can't read a guide! forget them! i didn't read the guide. i slowly read through the guides and look over demos and get help..
In response to ShadowSiientx
ShadowSiientx wrote:
"DO NOT MAKE GAMES YOU LIKE.. YOU MUST MAKE GAMES LIKE
MADE UP STRAG GAMES OR RPGS!".. no it didn't so SHUT UP!
(To corp/and that idiot with no message in his Post.)

I don't believe I ever told him NOT to make a DBZ game. I simply told him that he wasn't going to get any help from me or anyone else who's sick of the glut. Just stating the facts, ma'am.

Regards,
Corporate Dog
In response to Corporate Dog
Is there room for more DBZ games? Yes I think so. But the problem is, they're all based on the other DBZ games already out there. And in my opinion the other DBZ games out there(in byond) are lacking in certain areas that make them not very fun to play. And if you look on Byond, approximately a 1/3rd to a half of the games on there are DBZ. And they're all very similar in the execution. You play one, you've played them all. I personally would play a DBZ game if it had a decent battle system. But I haven't seen one out there that has one yet.