ID:149352

is it possible to change a stats name? if so please tell me please
Buzzyboy wrote:
is it possible to change a stats name? if so please tell me please

If you mean a stat panel, yes. You need to be more specific, though.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
yes the stat panel. so how do you?
In response to Buzzyboy
This should be in Newbie Central.
In response to Buzzyboy
Buzzyboy wrote:
yes the stat panel. so how do you?

Using the statpanel() proc in mob.Stat() will switch to a new panel. For verbs to appear in another pannel (besides "Commands"), use "set category".

Lummox JR
In response to Garthor
not like that stat panel. so I can change the name. like the HP var in the middle of the game. so it shouldn't be in newbie central
In response to Buzzyboy
Buzzyboy wrote:
not like that stat panel. so I can change the name. like the HP var in the middle of the game. so it shouldn't be in newbie central

I'm not sure I follow you, here. Change the name of what?

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
the name of the var. Like the Health var or the MaxHealth var. I want to make jobs so I need to change the vars name.
In response to Buzzyboy
never mind. I figured it out even how complicated it was.
In response to Buzzyboy
Buzzyboy wrote:
the name of the var. Like the Health var or the MaxHealth var. I want to make jobs so I need to change the vars name.

Uhhh... I have no idea what you mean. Why would you want to change the name of a var? Do you perhaps mean that you want to display a different name than the var's name? Are you asking how to display health, then display a job? Any of these tasks are not only easy, but trivially easy.

It sounds to me like you're deeply confused and haven't really thought out what it is you're trying to do. But one thing's for sure: You're not explaining it properly. Usually this tells me that you haven't actually thought enough about it to know what you really want. But if you do know what you want, you need to explain it, in lots of detail.

You said you realized this was too complicated; I suspect you're mistaken, and what you're really trying to do is dirt simple. I really have no idea what you're really after, but the few inklings I've gleaned from your questions suggest that you're trying to figure out how to display things in the stat panel--and not complicated things, but pretty basic things. I've seen nothing yet in your posts that suggests your problem is any more complex than that.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox Jr... In the proccess of the game with out using usr.Health=1000 nothing like that!!! With a number and so you can change it's the vars name(not the number...man) in the middle of the game!!!
In response to Buzzyboy
Buzzyboy wrote:
Lummox Jr... In the proccess of the game with out using usr.Health=1000 nothing like that!!! With a number and so you can change it's the vars name(not the number...man) in the middle of the game!!!

This still make ZERO sense. Try using complete sentences. In English.

Regards,
Corporate Dog
In response to Corporate Dog
I think it makes perfect sense. He wants to know if you can change the name of the var. Unfortunately I believe var names remain constant in which you can't change the name :S
In response to Super16
Super16 wrote:
I think it makes perfect sense. He wants to know if you can change the name of the var. Unfortunately I believe var names remain constant in which you can't change the name :S

Then you must speak gibberish as a second language. Where do they teach that?

Lummox already asked him if that's what he wanted to do, and he (sort of) replied in the negative. Besides that, it makes ZERO sense to change the name of a var (except maybe in the instance where you're incorporating someone else's code with your own, and they use a variable name that you're already using in your own code for a different purpose).

Regards,
Corporate Dog
In response to Super16
Super16 wrote:

He's said he wants to change the name of the var, but I don't think that's what he really means, because it's a non-sequitir. It's like asking how many loops it takes to knit the sun into a baseball cap.

If he wants people to help him, he needs to be clear.

Lummox JR
In response to Buzzyboy
Buzzyboy wrote:

Like his interpreter of Nina, I was missed the meanings in there the words. He(it) is opaque with distorting under the what you is thinking. Do kindly to un-garble.

Lummox JR
In response to Buzzyboy
no more messages please... I already figured it out
In response to Buzzyboy
Buzzyboy wrote:
no more messages please... I already figured it out

Could you at least explain to us what the problem was? There are some of us still clueless about what you were saying all along. And by "some", I mean "all".

Lummox JR