ID:1493525

(See the best response by Jittai.)
My Byond keeps crashing and crashing yeah you get the point
i keep geting loading game info
I have played with my freind on byond before but i made a new account now byond wont launch since i havent played it for 7 years
can someone help me with a fix
just a fix please i love byond and all its games
but it just wont launch for me!
Best response
Do you get any errors?
No i dont get any errors it just wont load it launchs but it says Loading Game Info and its stuck forever and if you click it it crashs and dosent work since the new update in 2014
In response to Jittai
Please help me with my byond
Hi CombineElite,

First, try refreshing BYOND's configuration folder.

Since you are unable to use the BYOND pager to locate the configuration folder, you will have to locate it on your computer manually. By default, this folder is named BYOND and is located in My Documents, However this location may be different if a location was specified during installation.

Once you have located the BYOND folder, rename this folder to old_BYOND, and try to start the BYOND pager to see if this corrects the problem.

Second, attempt to download BYOND from the downloads page. After the download has completed, navigate to the BYOND installation file on your computer and right click it and select "Run as administrator", then follow the on-screen installation instructions.

Third, confirm that the latest version of Internet Explorer available for your operating system is installed on your computer (IE7 should be used as a minimum), and is working properly.

Fourth, check the firewalls (Windows firewall, antivirus firewalls, etc) installed on your computer and ensure that BYOND.exe, dreamdaemon.exe, and dreamseeker.exe are not being blocked or restricted.

Good luck!
In response to Higoten
I tried all of this and my byond still says Loading game info the Byond help pager crashed i tried reinstalling it and i checked my windows firewall and anti virus programs and they are not blocked i dont knoow if its broken for good?
In response to CombineElite
Is the BYOND pager simply becoming unresponsive, or does the pager actually terminate and crash?
it's the new update ruined byond it doesn't work for me either
Higo, I have having the exact issue Combine is. I recently got a new PC and went to put Byond on it and whenever you launch Byond its just a black square with the Byond logo and beneath it saying "Loading game information..."

Stupid update and i was a host for a game.
In response to KidGokuGTSSJ
Hi Swat10333 and KidGokuGTSSJ,

If each you are having a similar (or perhaps the same) problem as CombineElite, if you haven't already, can you follow the steps listed in comment #4 to see if that resolves the issue of the pager becoming stuck on loading game information?
In response to Higoten
The pager Just trys to load but then i fails and says Byond Pager has Stoped Repsonding
then it asks me to close the program
I'd like to get some more details on this as well (from everyone who's having this problem, not just one person):

1) What operating system are you using, and what version of IE?

2) What antivirus program do you have running? If you temporarily disable it, does anything change?

3) Is there anything odd in your HOSTS file? (This can be found in your Windows dir, as SYSTEM32/DRIVERS/ETC/HOSTS. You may also see something in SysWOW64/DRIVERS/ETC if it's a 64-bit system.) Typically there should be nothing here except an entry mapping "localhost" to 127.0.0.1. Some malware is known to alter this, as are some antivirus/antispyware programs.

4) When the pager gets stuck, does the task manager say it's using a lot of CPU, or very little to none at all?

5) In your BYOND user data directory, do you see cfg/localhub.db, and if so what size is it? If you rename it (and also remove localhub.shm and localhub.wal if you see them), does the problem resolve itself?

6) In your BYOND user data directory, you should also see a dir called pager. If you delete this, does the problem resolve itself?
In response to Lummox JR
this is all too Advancded i dont knoow how to get all this info not even my parents knoow how so i dont knoow if im stuck with this Problem for good or what?
To clarify the simpler things:

1) Are you using a windows or a Mac? What kind of browser (chrome, internet explorer, fire fox, netscape!?)

2) Do you have something that scans your computer for viruses? If, yes, can you turn it off for a few minutes to see it that fixes the issue.

Have you tried reinstalling or installing an older-version of byond?
You can get some of this info, though. For instance, your operating system is something you can find out just by going to My Computer on your desktop. If you open Internet Explorer, you can find out what version it's running.

For your antivirus, I can't help you much; you should have something running that you can look at, so you just need to find that and open it up to see what it is. Usually these programs have options to disable them for 10 minutes.

As for the HOSTS file, I realize this is sort of advanced stuff so I'll talk you through it. (You can always do it last, or later, but it's something I'd recommend checking at some point. Save this for the end if it seems too daunting.) You should have a way to open up a list of files on your computer somewhere, through something like Windows Explorer (not to be confused with Internet Explorer) or some such. You'll know once you've found it; if you're unsure, you can always Google how look at your files. You'll probably be in some folder on the C: drive, so what you'll want to do is keep going up one level until it shows you're in C: itself, the root directory. Don't worry if you go too far; if you do, Windows will just show you a list of drives and a couple of other folders, and from there you can select C: again. Then you'll see a folder called Windows or WINNT, which you should open. Scroll down till you find System32, then open that and find DRIVERS. Open that and find ETC, and then you may see a file called HOSTS. You can open that in Notepad, if it's there. What you should see there is just a bunch of comments, and a line saying that localhost is 127.0.0.1. If you see more than that, like other site addresses and IP addresses, that's a bad sign--it could mean you're infected with something. It could also mean you have some very aggressive anti-spyware stuff that's gone a little too far.

For the task manager, you can usually get to that by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Delete and opening the task manager from there. There are other ways to open it, but that's the quickest. There should be a tab that just shows you the processes that are running, by name; most of those names will mean nothing to you, but if you start up the BYOND pager, one of them will be byond.exe. It will be easy to tell if the CPU usage for that program is high or low.

Now for #5 and #6, you'll need to go to where BYOND stores your files. That's probably in your My Documents folder, so you should open that up; most likely you'll see a folder there called BYOND, so open that. You'll see sub-folders like cfg, pager, etc. #5 is all about the cfg folder, so open that and look for the localhub.db file I mentioned.

I hope that helps. If you have any questions on this stuff, Google may be able to help you find your way around. Most of it I can't help with any further without knowing which operating system you're using, since Windows 7 differs from XP and Vista, and Windows 8 is more different still. I was a little vaguer than I'd like to be because I don't know where to find some of these things in Windows 8.
In response to Lummox JR
I am Useing Windows 7 Also Google Chrome
Okay, that's a start. Is it Windows 7 32-bit or 64-bit? I also need to know the Internet Explorer version, because that's relevant even though you don't use it for browsing. IE is embedded into the pager, which basically comes up as a Web page within the program. Most of my working theories as to the nature of the problem revolve around IE and its settings, although I can't rule out a badly behaved antivirus program.

If you can get the rest of the info, especially finding out the antivirus program and if disabling it temporarily helps, that would be a big deal.
Hey,
I have Windows 7 64bit.
I use google chrome(always have)

The file installed to my C: drive > Program Files (x86) > BYOND

File data:
Size: 10.9 MB (11,515,800 bytes)
Size on Disk: 11.0 MB (11,550,720 bytes)
Contains 26 Files, 4 Folders
In response to Lummox JR
My pc is a 32 bit and i dont use internet explorer anymore becase it breaks my pc so we use google
Page: 1 2