ID:149398

Wow, been a while since I've had to write anything on this board, that wasn't an answer to a problem. Lol. Anyways, I am basically trying make my stat function display a certain amount of hearts, depending on how many the player has left. I need it to display a seperate icon for each heart, all side by side. My current code is this, I turned it into a demo. Thats sad, I can make it a demo, but I can't fix the problem. Simply paste this into a new DM enviroment, add a heart.dmi file (I made my icon pure red :P), compile, run, fiddle, solve, report back with the simple solution, and laugh it me! It's just that simple! (Also, I was fiddling with the '2' heart thing, as you can see.)

mob
Stat()
..()
statpanel("Status")
stat("Hearts:","[hearts]/unused")
var/icon/B = new('heart.dmi')
switch(hearts)
if(1)
stat("Hearts meter:",hearts_meter)
if(2)
stat("Hearts meter:","[B]\icon[hearts_meter.icon]\icon[hearts_meter]")
if(3)
stat("Hearts meter:","[hearts_meter][hearts_meter][hearts_meter]")
if(4)
stat("Hearts meter:","[hearts_meter][hearts_meter][hearts_meter][hearts_m eter]")
if(5)
stat("Hearts meter:","[hearts_meter][hearts_meter][hearts_meter][hearts_m eter][hearts_meter]")

New()
..()
hearts_meter = new
hearts_meter.icon = 'heart.dmi'
hearts_meter.name = ""

mob/var
hearts = 1
obj/hearts_meter

mob/verb
set_hearts(val as num)
hearts = val
usr << "Hearts set to [val]"

obj/hearts_meter
icon = 'heart.dmi'
name = ""
Problem: Stat panels can't show more than one icon per row, and they don't support HTML.

You can get around some of the icon problem by generating various icons (like one with 5 hearts, one with 4 hearts, etc.) and just putting an obj in the stat panel whose icon_state is changed to reflect the current health. However, I'd suggest that if you want something that graphical, you should go for a HUD anyway.

Lummox JR