ID:149451

i have a mob set up to go in a straight path in 1 direction but i want to know if there is a way to tell if he bumps into something and doesnt move anymore so at that point he would change direction.

to make it more clear:

How can i tell if a mob is not moving anymore so i can change its direction?
The Bump() proc is called whenever a movable atom (mob or obj) is blocked by something dense during a Move(). It is not called when the atom hits the edge of the map, so you may want to surround your map with a wall of dense turfs.

In response to Shadowdarke
but i am not using move i am using walk, i am making chu chu rocket. so bump wont work because they need to enter the tile, i have tries Enter() but that doesnt work for some reason.
In response to Netshark010101
now i still have the problem with the walls not changing the direction of the mobs but the arrows work except for 1 problem. I am using Enter but the mob doesnt enter the tile it changed direction 1 tile before it is supposed to, anyone have any idea on how to fix this?
Try Entered() proc.
In response to DarkTitan
sweet thanx
can Enter or Entered only be used on turfs, because i am trying to make it to where if the mouse (mob) enters the cat (mob) the mouse stops moving, flicks the death state, then deletes it, but it isnt doing any both just keep moving.
That is where you use the Bump() proc.

Sort of like this,

mob/Mouse/Bump(atom/A)
if(istype(A,/mob/cat))
flick("death",src)
del(src)
In response to DarkTitan
it still doesnt work, is there anything that specifically needs to be changed in there?
i just thought of something, is it because their density is 0? I can't change the density because they have to overlap and stuff or the will all just get stuck
Yes, Bump() only works with densage so it won't work with them being density=0.
In response to DarkTitan
damn so it is going to be impossible to make this game?
Netshark010101 wrote:
i just thought of something, is it because their density is 0? I can't change the density because they have to overlap and stuff or the will all just get stuck

This FAQ entry should help: http://www.deadron.com/byond/ByondBwicki.dmb?TriggeredObjs