Keep in mind that "map-threads on" is really a meaningless statement because it only works with "threads on" (which is the default behavior). The cases you want to try are:

1) "threads off"
2) "map-threads off"
3) "threads on"
It still does not seem to want to show up on the hub when threads are on.

http://www.byond.com/games/Xirre/GameManager

I tested it with that game. Currently threads are off. However, I had threads on and map-threads on (because the way I have it now, you are asked if you want to enable both. So, I just enabled them). I joined it and it still failed to show up on the hub.

However, http://www.byond.com/games/RedlightEntertainment/ AlternateWorlds has threads on and map-threads on and it is on the hub which confuses me. I'll try to do some further testing. Hopefully someone does it before me because I have class in about 2 hours.

Edit: Okay, it seems to work. However, I have uncovered something weird. Running this under linux with threads on, the game shows up on the hub perfectly fine. However, world.host = Guest-2140184770? But when threads are off, there is no world.host again, like usual.
Installed 504.1231 no changes to threading, game is now on the hub.

http://www.byond.com/games/TheMagicMan/Manacept
In response to A.T.H.K
To clarify, do you mean that you were having threading issues and are still having them when threads are enabled? I'd like more info on the specific issues you're seeing, even if it's just a recap, just so I can make sure I'm abreast of everything.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
To clarify, do you mean that you were having threading issues and are still having them when threads are enabled? I'd like more info on the specific issues you're seeing, even if it's just a recap, just so I can make sure I'm abreast of everything.

I was hosting the game on the stable release (503.1224) not sure if that had threading compiled in? (I assumed it was in the beta?) as it mentioned in the notes

Threading has been disabled, due to the need for a new stable release with other important fixes. It will be reenabled in a new beta.

But this is also happening on Flybads server, which is running the stable release.

Now updating my server to the latest BETA and threads turned on by default, the gam eis now shown on the hub.

Hope that make sense.
Okay, so apparently I lied. Sorry, the games show up on the hub "momentarily." After a bit, they disappear in to the void. I tried multiple thread options. However, none of them are producing desired results.

One thing I can say is that for some odd reason this seems to be the only game that has lasted hours on the hub..

A few others have tried some random settings when starting up their servers on my Utility. Sadly, they got nowhere.

At the moment I am testing two of Ralf1324's games. Sekia and Swap. They both seem to be on the hub fine and dandy. However, I'm curious as to if they will STAY there for long. I'll report on it in an hour (if I don't fall asleep).

Edit: As soon as Ralf1324's game went up, Alternate Worlds went down. Perhaps it's limiting how many games can actually show up on the hub from one user?

AW has both threads and map-threads on.
Sekia neither on.
Swap has threads on but map-threads off.
After an hour has passed, I think it's safe to say that after I have shutdown each game and started them up again manually they have shown up on their respective hubs properly.

I have a question though. If I were to start up 15+ games simultaneously on the same IP and computer, would that by any chance cause the hub to only accept a portion of the games that I have started up? Somewhat like a safety net to prevent spamming.
In response to Xirre
What you're likely running across is a collision with a random world ID used by the hub. There was a bug in early threaded releases that prevented that from being set properly in DD (Windows and Linux both), and although that was fixed, you could still be a victim of timing. I can think of a way to avoid that. It was never really considered likely that more than one world would start at once; although to the extent this could be called a bug, it would be a very old one.
I'm having a problem, with threads on my server(s), both of them randomly disconnects. It hasn't had an issue with threads off. I'm on my phone at the moment so I can't post the .log file. A.T.H.K has the log files, I'd he would like to post them? If not, ill post them when I get home.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
What you're likely running across is a collision with a random world ID used by the hub. There was a bug in early threaded releases that prevented that from being set properly in DD (Windows and Linux both), and although that was fixed, you could still be a victim of timing. I can think of a way to avoid that. It was never really considered likely that more than one world would start at once; although to the extent this could be called a bug, it would be a very old one.

Sounds good because when I restore my servers, I do this after updating BYOND. I try to keep downtime to a minimum. So, starting up all the servers again is quite instantaneous, thanks to your previous shell() update (the one where calling it multiple times in a second would cause the program to hang or become bottlenecked).
it just keeps going, and going, and going, and going, it's a really long .log but here is just a few lines from it.

World opened on network port 7777.
Welcome BYOND! (5.0 Public Version 503.1224)
Thu Feb 13 03:59:37 2014
Dream Daemon FAILED to open port 7777!
BUG: Finished erasure with refcount=1 (ref=5:3) DM (:0)
BUG: Finished erasure with refcount=1 (ref=5:2) DM (:0)
BUG: Bad ref (2:9003) in IncRefCount
BUG: Bad ref (2:9003) in DecRefCount
BUG: Bad ref (2:9003) in IncRefCount
BUG: Bad ref (2:8977) in IncRefCount
BUG: Bad ref (2:8977) in DecRefCount
BUG: Bad ref (2:9003) in DecRefCount
BUG: Removing corrupt rsc entry 'GokuBattleDamaged.dmi'
BUG: Bad ref (2:13679) in IncRefCount
BUG: Bad ref (2:13679) in DecRefCount
BUG: Bad ref (2:7182) in IncRefCount
BUG: Bad ref (2:7182) in DecRefCount
BUG: Bad ref (2:7181) in IncRefCount
BUG: Bad ref (2:7181) in DecRefCount
BUG: Bad ref (2:8976) in IncRefCount
BUG: Bad ref (2:7162) in IncRefCount
BUG: Bad ref (2:7162) in DecRefCount
BUG: Bad ref (2:8976) in DecRefCount
BUG: Bad ref (2:8976) in IncRefCount
BUG: Bad ref (2:7162) in IncRefCount
BUG: Bad ref (2:7162) in DecRefCount
BUG: Bad ref (2:8976) in DecRefCount
BUG: Finished erasure with refcount=1 (ref=5:2) DM (:0)
BUG: Finished erasure with refcount=2 (ref=5:5) DM (:0)

World opened on network port 7777.
Welcome BYOND! (5.0 Beta Version 504.1231)
The BYOND hub reports that port 7777 is reachable.
BUG: Removing corrupt rsc entry 'brolyss4.dmi'
BUG: Removing corrupt rsc entry 'brolyss4.dmi'
libpng error: PNG unsigned integer out of range.
BUG: Finished erasure with refcount=1 (ref=5:5) DM (:0)
BUG: Finished erasure with refcount=1 (ref=5:6) DM (:0)
Starting server with threads on.

Could someone explain why I'm getting a lot of these "Removing corrupt rsc entry 'icon' errors? And i'm not sure what everything else means.
In response to Flysbad
I strongly recommend a clean compile. That crash report, however, is unrelated to this thread.
I did it. If I may ask, will clean compile completely fix it?
While a clean compile won't necessarily fix the bugs you've seen, it will fix any issues with the main .rsc file being borked.

Inasmuch as this thread pertains to hub connection issues, I'm closing the bug in this thread as there is a fix.
Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
Worlds did not always properly register with the BYOND hub.
I am famous in the screenshots! XD

Anyways, I was wondering why my game kept disapearing when it reached 0 players. This explains what's going on with it.
I'm running 506.1242 and this was fixed in 504.1242. Something is wrong then and perhaps this needs a second look at.
Page: 1 2