ID:149520

OK i got my turfs and icons in there (only the turf and one icon as of now) but how do i get the icon and turf into the object file (you know the two tabs that say like yourcode.dms orwhatever and Objects) how do i do that?

Ok better way of saying it the two tabs saying file and object how do i get the turf and icon into the object selection?
OK i want to know how to make a turf a dmp or dmi or what ever it is so i can use it as a new turf i found out how to make them =) just need to know how to make dmi's and dmp's
In response to UnderLord7985
Click New a the top for anything addtional you wish to add to your project. From there you can not only add dmi's but maps, code too! Then you just open up the new dmi or dmp by double-clicking on it and it will open up. But you will need to code the turf/tiles into the code before they will appear in the Edit menu of the map maker.

LJR
In response to LordJR
ok first of all i know how to do that i found out a short while after posting =) i need to know how to convert my bmp's and png's to dmi's and dmps
UnderLord7985 wrote:
ok first of all i know how to do that i found out a short while after posting =) i need to know how to convert my bmp's and png's to dmi's and dmps

To convert a .bmp or .png to icons, just create a new .dmi file and paste it in. (You can use .bmp or .png graphics raw, too, but I've never tried that.)

Converting .bmp or .png files to .dmp is impossible, however, since the formats are for completely different things. A .dmp file is a map, containing turfs, objs, and other atoms; it has nothing whatsoever to do with an image file. (This is kind of like asking how you can turn a portrait into a real person.)

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
awwwwwww =\
UnderLord7985 wrote:
awwwwwww =\

My sentiments exactly. When I thought over the implications of a pictures-to-people technology, I felt a great sense of loss that there isn't such a thing.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
I'll have to use an already made one then but my dmp isent showing up as the map like it is sopost to all i got is blackness (witch is close enough but...its sopost to be space) and i need the dmp to show up....
In response to Lummox JR
Where did you get that idea? Just out of spite, I should make a program that converts .bmp file format images into .dmp maps. One pixel = 1 square on the map. I'll start tonight.

-Lord of Water
In response to Lord of Water
Back when I wrote games on DCGames, someone wrote a tool just like that for the DCG mapping-system. It was very useful for large maps. However, BYOND's mapper is much more advanced than DCG's, so I'm not sure it would be quite as helpful.

-AbyssDragon
In response to AbyssDragon
Ok heres the deal
Go to New Select .Dmi
Draw the dmi
Go to New Select .dm
go into that .dm file and make turf/whatever
icon = 'name here.dmi'
then create a map and voila you can place your turf on a map
Hey unless your making a puzzle like game where all the icons are jumbled up. You don't need to convert BMP or PNG files to Icons. You can just call the BMP or PNG as it is and use it in the map editor.

icon = 'MyGraphic.png'

This is how you define it.

LJR
UnderLord7985 wrote:
I'll have to use an already made one then but my dmp isent showing up as the map like it is sopost to all i got is blackness (witch is close enough but...its sopost to be space) and i need the dmp to show up....

Two questions that might help:

1) Are you calling ..() in mob/Login()?
2) Have you explicitly set world.maxx, world.maxy, or world.maxz, like this:
world
maxx=100
maxy=100

(If you've set any of those vars, a "default map" is created before the .dmp is imported, so your map will be on a different z level than 1.)

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
oh i havent done the vars yet =)