ID:149523

this problem is for the advanced BYONDer(Gug,Spuz,Lexy.. so and so forth)

my problem is with BYOND. it in itself and a feature i cannot overide. i need to do away with verbs all together. i am trying to make my MUD as MUDlike as possible. the problem i am haveing is with the space bar... when someone hits the space bar it gives them a list or verbs to finish typeing or finishes the verb for them if there is only one to chose from. i meed to do away with this. im tring to get byond to acept half finished verbs and use the one highest in alphebetical order. that and i need byond to accept nonsense with spaces in it(like launch ship will launch but luanches shyp will return text Huh? to the player)

i know BYOND is limited but is this possible? and if it is im not exactly asking for the code.. but a point in the right direction.

also im trying to add the Hp:num/num Mv:num/num prompt to this system.. like in every other MUD it appears after something happens or you type something.
Verbs have a setting called hidden. Setting this to TRUE (or 1) will stop the verb from showing in a list of verbs when the space bar is hit and stop the verb from being finished when it is half-written (at least my test did).
In response to ACWraith
thank you.

now would there also be a way to determin that if it is not a verb instead of the unrecognised verb promt i can output a message?
I have a parser that does just what you want (Spuzzum and Zilal do too, and maybe some others) which I'm planning to release on BYONDscape after I get it reviewed by a few other people.