ID:149534

I've tried hard to get some sort of team score code worked out but it doesnt really work. My friend told me to use an immortal mob and retrieve and set scores. But I dont know the code for changing another mob's verb.

eg. if(*usr scored a goal*)
>> Add 1 score to all of team 1

etc.

If anyone could help me I would be most grateful.
Thanks for your time and support.

Radditz234
In responce to LaserWars comment:

Fuck you foomer

How about, no.
In response to Foomer
Sheesh, I come on all nice askin nicely, and here comes a guy saying swear words at me, thats all i need.

Only reply here if you ACTUALLY know the solution, ok?
In response to Radditz234
ok ill help

var
team1score=0
team2score=0

mob/Stat()
statpanel("Score")
stat("Team 1:",team1score)
stat("Team 2:",team2score)
mob/verb/Score()
if(usr.team==1)
usr<<"you score a goal"
team1score+=1
else
usr<<"you score a goal"
team2score+=1
In response to Strange Kidd
I don't mean to offend you or anything but thats not what im lookin for.

I already tried that idea, but i just makes one player's team score go up, and not the entire team's.

Unless you want me to make a proc, that asks what team you're on and give you score that way.
In response to Strange Kidd
Sorry dude but thats no good, I need a verb that makes all of team one get a score, but thanks for the advice.

And if anyones still bored still waiting to answer someone, how can you make a DBZ game popular on byond?
Allow me to be the first to change this bonehead topic name by removing the inappropriate "a". There's no such thing as "a [program] code", only "some code".

Radditz234 wrote:
Sheesh, I come on all nice askin nicely, and here comes a guy saying swear words at me, thats all i need.

Only reply here if you ACTUALLY know the solution, ok?

I believe he was quoting something you said to him, and using that quote to explain why he won't help you.

Oh, and I do know the solution.

Lummox JR
Radditz234 wrote:
Sorry dude but thats no good, I need a verb that makes all of team one get a score, but thanks for the advice.

A verb? Couldn't people use that to cheat, then? Perhaps you mean a proc?

And if anyones still bored still waiting to answer someone, how can you make a DBZ game popular on byond?

Oooh, I know this one: Buy it two tequilas and tell it it's a giraffe.
No wait... different punchline.

How about these jokes instead:

Q: How many DBZers does it take to screw in a light bulb?
A: None. They're too short to reach the socket.

Q: Why did the DBZer cross the road?
A: To get away from intelligent entertainment.

A priest, a rabbi, and a DBZer walk into a bar. The bouncer says to the DBZer, "Hey, you're underage."

Three DBZers wash up from a shipwreck on a desert island and they find a lamp. They rub it and a genie pops out, saying he'll grant them each one wish. The first DBZer wishes to be SSJ, and poof! he's SSJ. The second asks for double-super SSJ, and poof! he's double-super SSJ. The third asks to be so ultra-SSJ that he's the strongest guy on the planet, and poof! he is. The genie goes back into the lamp, and the three are stranded on the island for the rest of their lives.

Q: Goku123, SuperGohanMajin, and l33tsaiyan square off in an ultimate deathmatch in which there can be only one survivor. Who wins?
A: Mankind.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
LOL!!
In response to Sariat
Those jokes are so poor, if you didnt have the topic as "Bad DBZ jokes" I would never have realised it.
In response to Lummox JR

A priest, a rabbi, and a DBZer walk into a bar. The bouncer says to the DBZer, "Hey, you're underage."

That's a classic :oP
In response to Lummox JR
Those definitely win privileged positions in spam.txt. =)
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
[snip]
Three DBZers wash up from a shipwreck on a desert island and they find a lamp. They rub it and a genie pops out, saying he'll grant them each one wish. The first DBZer wishes to be SSJ, and poof! he's SSJ. The second asks for double-super SSJ, and poof! he's double-super SSJ. The third asks to be so ultra-SSJ that he's the strongest guy on the planet, and poof! he is. The genie goes back into the lamp, and the three are stranded on the island for the rest of their lives.

Not so... Just about everyone on DBZ can fly...lol And a few of them can teleport from place to place... So if these guys are Super Saiyans...chances are they can fly themselves off of the island...

Heh... Pretty good jokes, though...
In response to SuperSaiyanGokuX
How do you think they'd learn to fly? Just because they have super powers doesn't mean they've learned to fly...
I was bored, so I came up with a complete demo code for you to look at.
var
team1score = 0
team2score = 0

mob
var
score = 0
icon = 'player.dmi'

Stat()
if(statpanel("Scores"))
stat("Personal Score",score)
stat("Team 1",team1score)
stat("Team 2",team2score)

team1
var
color = "red"
icon_state = "red"

team2
var
color = "blue"
icon_state = "blue"

proc
score()
var/j = type

for(var/mob/M in world)
if(istype(M,j))
if(j == /mob/team1)
team1score++
M.score++
world<<"Team 1 scored a goal!"
else
team2score++
M.score++
world<<"Team 2 scored a goal!"

verb
goal()
score()

turf
grass
icon = 'grass.dmi'

world

turf = /turf/grass
mob = /mob/team2

That's been tested and has been proven to work. To try different teams, simply change the
mob = /mob/team2
to mob =
/mob/team1
In response to SuperSaiyanGokuX
SuperSaiyanGokuX wrote:
Lummox JR wrote:

Not so... Just about everyone on DBZ can fly...lol And a few of them can teleport from place to place... So if these guys are Super Saiyans...chances are they can fly themselves off of the island...

As you say, "Just about everyone on DBZ can fly" so it's safe to say it is an independant power from SSJ. None of them wished to fly, they just wished to be SSJ (which as far as I can tell just turns people into glowing blondes with angry expressions.)
In response to Lummox JR
"DBZer" is as offensive and misused as "Newbie"

As a "Newbie" is someone that is "NEW" to something, not someone that is constantly bothersome and annoying.
a "DBZer" is someone that appreciates this series of anime. I myself find Dragonball Z entertaining. And now and then I do go on games that are based on this, just to see if something "GOOD" and "Original to byond" was created, as i do many other games.
What you refer to as "DBZer" is exactly the same thing as people call "Newbies", only they have interest in this anime. Thus both are just annoying childish people, no matter what their likes/dislikes happen to be.
True, I am working on a DBZ game. But i have written to funimation.

FUNimation Productions, Ltd.
6851 N.E. Loop 820, Suite 247
Fort Worth, TX 76180

*For some reason i written to Bird Studios first, but i was told that funimation handles the copyright stuff*

But anyway, I recieved a response a month or so later *This was around January*, and they said that they dont mind a harmless fan game.

Yes, I am a "DBZer" but i am not in anyway one of those you made out those jokes for, So please refer to them as directed above, and everyone should be happy.

--Political Correctness Inforcer--
Ken
In response to SonVegitto
SonVegitto wrote:
"DBZer" is as offensive and misused as "Newbie"

As a "Newbie" is someone that is "NEW" to something, not someone that is constantly bothersome and annoying.
a "DBZer" is someone that appreciates this series of anime. I myself find Dragonball Z entertaining. And now and then I do go on games that are based on this, just to see if something "GOOD" and "Original to byond" was created, as i do many other games.
What you refer to as "DBZer" is exactly the same thing as people call "Newbies", only they have interest in this anime. Thus both are just annoying childish people, no matter what their likes/dislikes happen to be.

You're very wrong. I'm not using "DBZer" to refer to all DBZ fans but specifically to the stereotype. Therefore the term is not analogous to newbie. It's more analogous to the derogatory slang "noob", except it isn't born of leetspeak and people with IQs over 65 actually treat it as valid.

Newbie is to "N00b" as DBZ fan is to DBZer.

Yes, I am a "DBZer" but i am not in anyway one of those you made out those jokes for, So please refer to them as directed above, and everyone should be happy.

Actually I'd say you are, based on your recent posting in General, but that's beside the point.

--Political Correctness Inforcer--

Political correctness is the mark of the fool. Offense is not intended by that; rather it's to let you know that enforcing political correctness isn't something rational people do or should ever be proud to admit.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
I just have to say:We can like DBZ if we want to,and you,yes I mean you can't stop us.Lifes tough huh?Hmmmm,maybe you shouldn't bother anybody else with comments like 'DBZ SUCKS','WHY ARE YOU MAKING A DBZ GAME?','THERES TOO MUCH DBZ GAMES','DROP THE DBZ ISSURE DAMNIT!' Thats all shit.If thats what you want,get a fu*king life!

The DBZ issue can go on and on.And you can't stop us.I like DBZ and you don't,oh well!!!!!!!!Geez,we don't have to like anything you like.If so,Reply to my post and tell me why.So,just shut up.I already know many of my friends that are making DBZ games the aren't released yet(not me).If you don't like DBZers,you make a game get the damn DBZ NAME BLOCKER!

Is it that hard?So what I'm trieing to say is that we like DBZ and we make DBZ games and you can't do anything about it.And Lummox,he likes DBZ,SO WHAT???!!?!?!?!?Hey,all the hating DBZers,why can't we like DBZ?Why don't you want us making DBZ games.I don't want ansewers like:'THERES TOO MUCH DBZ GAMES!','WE HATE DBZ'.Give me a reasonable ansewer.

-Kappa the Imp
In response to Kappa the Imp
Maybe you should read his post correctly before responding.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5