ID:149590

I'm currently using Cinnom's side scrolling, and it works very well, I incorperated some new ideas. but I got a serious problem.

HOW DO YOU MAKE TEAM GAMES!!!!!

Byond is obviously second-hand gaming material, there are no team demos, no team libs, NOT EVEN A ******* TEAM TUTORIAL.

I'm not a person that usually complains about byond, but if anyone knows some team code, (eg. Tanks) please send it to me ASAP (My email is [email protected])

Secondly, I used Cinnom's shoot code, which works quite well, but when I save my character and get back on the game, I can't shoot. The verb is still there, but just not working. If anyone can help me I'd be very grateful.

Thanks

Alex
AKA Radditz234
Radditz234 wrote:
I'm currently using Cinnom's side scrolling, and it works very well, I incorperated some new ideas. but I got a serious problem.

HOW DO YOU MAKE TEAM GAMES!!!!!

Byond is obviously second-hand gaming material, there are no team demos, no team libs, NOT EVEN A ******* TEAM TUTORIAL.

Ouch. That's kind of a nasty comment. The fact that you can't figure out what amounts to a pretty simple concept doesn't make BYOND any less viable as a gaming system. In fact teams are ridiculously easy to set up.

Probably the reason you haven't seen any libs or demos on the subject is that usually teams are a concept tailored to the specific games they're in. In fact a lib is out of the question for that reason. As for demo code, I've posted code here in the past for organizing teams, as have others, and in the next few weeks my next Dream Tutor article on BYONDscape will include some example code for setting up teams as well.

I'm not a person that usually complains about byond, but if anyone knows some team code, (eg. Tanks) please send it to me ASAP (My email is [email protected])

I think you'll find just by searching Code Problems and Newbie Central for posts made in the last 90 or 120 days, you'll find numerous examples.

Lastly--and I don't intend this as a shot, but as a serious question--do you even understand what "second-hand" means?

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
Lastly--and I don't intend this as a shot, but as a serious question--do you even understand what "second-hand" means?

And obviously you don't know the words; "Help" "Code" and "Please". Instead you know "unhelpful" "no-libs" and "F U"
In response to Radditz234
dbz is gay ass fag show and all the games suck!
Radditz234 wrote:

And obviously you don't know the words; "Help" "Code" and "Please". Instead you know "unhelpful" "no-libs" and "F U"

I said I didn't intend it as a shot. I explained where you can find code that will help you. If you don't care to follow my advice, you don't have to, but you don't have to get snippy about it.

Lummox JR
In response to Sob
Sob wrote:

Please watch your language on the forums.

Lummox JR
Sorry, but you do have a very foul mouth.
- RaeKwon
In response to Sob
Sob wrote:

you got a foul mouth, to.
atleast i got my act together on the forums, onlike some people >_<
- RaeKwon
In response to Lummox JR
I'll use star's next time
Watch the mouth, Radditz, your showing your very imature side at the moment, and im sure you can act normal if you try.
be like this.
(breathe in)
and say.
May i please get help with this [code] im stuck, or how do i work this, can somone please help me.
not ****** this and ******* that, not good.
- RaeKwon
In response to Sob
Sob wrote:
I'll use star's next time

Don't, because that doesn't make a difference. Just use better language period.

Lummox JR
In response to RaeKwon
RaeKwon wrote:
Sorry, but you do have a very foul mouth.
- RaeKwon

Dang, that's nothing compared to what I've seen you do.
Radditz234 wrote:

I wouldn't make Lummox mad. He's probably one of the top 5 coders here at BYOND. Newbies used to be so nice to the oldbies...where did we go wrong?
In response to ADDiCt
damn.. ive seen you do worse to.. *gets a weird image in his head*......*shakes*
Nasty.
- Rae
In response to RaeKwon
Actually, I'm quite well-mannered. You have never seen me with a terrible(Like cursing shouting) attitude yet...
In response to Nadrew
Nadrew wrote:
I wouldn't make Lummox mad. He's probably one of the top 5 coders here at BYOND. Newbies used to be so nice to the oldbies...where did we go wrong?

Not to worry; it takes more than that to make me mad. (It takes considerably less to make me irritated, but that's another story.) I do wish he'd apply a little thought before hauling off and insulting everyone and everything, though.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
Personally, I wish people would simply stop responding to posts that don't have anything good to say, instead of retaliating. And I think a "Okeydokey, don't expect help from me!" would suffice instead of getting mad :oP

...I long for the days of private forums when you can just ban people like this because you don't want them around. How anyone can see something worthwhile coming out of "This system sucks, give me code!" is beyond me. I wish these were the posts that went down the list without any responces.
I just wanted to make the distinction that not having any "teams" libs isn't something that can be used against BYOND... It's something that can (just barely) be used against BYOND developers (since it's their fault that none of them have made one...lol)... But it's not due to any shortcomings of the system itself...

BYOND can handle any team system you can devise for it... Just because no one has handed you pre-made code for it doesn't mean BYOND is bad...