i'm getting an error saying
attacking.dm:39:error: mob: expected end of statement

my code is

mob/PunchingBag
icon = 'pbag.dmi'
base_event_cycle = 0
Health = 9999999.....
MaxHealth = 9999999999......

can someone tell me why i NEVER had this error before until now. i tried to delete it and got the same error on a different part of my code. i tied taking everything i've done on my game today and still got the error. could this be a bug in BYOND or what??

P.S i also got the error on a turf and procs.
Alienman22774 wrote:
i'm getting an error saying
attacking.dm:39:error: mob: expected end of statement

my code is

mob/PunchingBag
icon = 'pbag.dmi'
base_event_cycle = 0
Health = 9999999.....
MaxHealth = 9999999999......

Which is line 39, and do you actually have those periods in there?
In response to Deadron
Hmm.... termination errors, check the ends of your icon asignments, and variable assignments, that may be correct, but something above it may not be, if you did not terminate icon_state = "poop , you may get an error on the next line, check for quotation marks! I do it all the time!
In response to Ter13
i'm getting it on all of my turfs, mobs and procs but only one at a time. i checked my icon code and none of the " or ' are missing it must be something else
In response to Deadron
the ........... just mean that i don't want to type out all of the 9's i tried to use 1.#INF but it was an error
In response to Alienman22774
Alienman22774 wrote:
the ........... just mean that i don't want to type out all of the 9's i tried to use 1.#INF but it was an error

Now I'm confused. Did you use all of those periods in your code or just in your post?
In response to ACWraith
just on my post so it wouldn't take up a lot of space. i still haven't been able to fix my problem. anyone know what i should do?

There seems to be no way to fix it that i know of can someone PLEASE help me i can't continue on my game without this error fixed.
In response to Ter13
i still really need help i can't do anything with my game with this error. i'm starting to think its a bug because i deleted the code i worked on today and still got an error. PLEASE help me!!
It's not a bug you forgot something in another part of your code.
In response to Nadrew
its not that. when i take the part of code with the error for intance

turf
grass
icon = 'grass.dmi'

i'm getting an error on this. when i take this out i get an error on the next turf or mob or proc.
That means it's in another part of your code.
It IS that. The error is trying to check lines that come after the problem, thinking they are something else, and misreading them. Every time you remove a piece of your code, it scans the next piece and finds the same problem because you are reading it wrong.
In response to Nadrew
but last night i didn't have any errors. i added some stuff today and got the error. when i saw it i took out everything i did today and still had the error
Don't bump your post.
In response to Non-PC
I really don't think that belongs here.