In response to ACWraith
heh didn't microsoft try to patent life.
In response to RaeKwon
RaeKwon wrote:
the word Final Fantasy isnt origional ok? Final Fantasy in other words also means like its your "FInal Fantasy" or whatever you want to use it as, nothing no one can do, thats like me calling a game Butterd_Toast and copyrighting it, i wouldnt give a flying [BLEEP] is somone used the name cause it has to do with somthing that is used in everyday life, all over the world, personnaly i know FInal Fantasy is used in a frase all the time, not nessesaraly with "FInal Fantasy the game" so who cares, what if im baseing it off that?
- RaeKwon

Final Fantasy is a copyright (c) product of Squaresoft Inc.
If you choose to create a game called "Final Fantasy Online" it directly violates copyright laws, which makes it downright illegal. Final Fantasy is NOT an everyday word, and even if it was it would not matter. A game has been made called Final Fantasy. You are making a game called Final Fantasy Online, that violates the copyright laws.

It really doesn't matter if YOU would give if someone used your copyright name, nomatter how common it was. Squaresoft does, Nintendo does, any big firm does. Because no games have been shut down now, does not mean it won't happen once BYOND goes public. Squaresoft and the like pursue copyright infringements with viciousness.

I suggest for your sake(And the future of BYOND, should Funimation stumble upon this site) you continue to be original in your concepts and games.
Page: 1 2