In response to Nadrew
<Agrees with Dreq>
Man Nadrew! ALL I WANTED WAS SOME FREAKING HELP! NOT A BORING LECTURE!
In response to Watabou
CAN SOMEONE HELP ME NOW!?
In response to Watabou
Apprently you learned nothing from my "People don't like bumping" speech.
In response to Watabou
With what?
In response to Watabou
I bet you he's gonna respond with another snide comment (if he hasn't already)
In response to Nadrew
No,

mob
SmileyGuy
icon = 'Guy.dmi'
icon_state = "Normal"
Login()
world<<"[usr] has joined the mystery!"
usr.Move(locate(1,1,1))
verb
say(msg as text)
view()<<"[usr] says,[msg]"
shout(msg as text)
world<<"[usr] shouts,[msg]"
phone(M as mob in world,msg as text)
M<<"[usr] phones you,[msg]"
usr<<"You phone [M],[msg]"
var
Gold = 200//Change the number to what you want for when they start out
Str = 5//i made this to show you when ou equip something yor Str will go up and vice versa when you unequip it
Hp = 100// This lets a character have 22 hit pionts when they log on
MaxHp = 100//This gives the character a max amount of hp
damage
Stat()
statpanel("Status")//here
stat("Gold","[usr.Gold]")//here
stat("Hp","[src.Hp]/[src.MaxHp]")//here
turf
HQ_Ground
icon = 'Turfs 1.dmi'
icon_state = "Tile1"
world
mob = /mob/SmileyGuy
obj
Commander
icon = 'Guy.dmi'
icon_state = "Normal"
verb
Talk()
set src in oview(1)
usr<<"[usr], strange things have been happening at Smiley Mansion. Better Check it out."
Gun
icon = 'Gun.dmi'
verb
Get()
set src in oview(0)
usr.contents+=new/obj/Gun
icon_state = "Equip"
Fire(mob/M as mob in oview(5))
var/damage = usr.Str//This means that when you hit the mob 5 hp will bee taken away
M<<"[usr] has shot you"//This tells the person you attacked that you attacked him
usr<<"You shot [M]"//This tell you who you attack
M.Hp-=damage
if(M.Hp<=0)
if(M.client)//is a player
usr.Gold+=M.Gold
M.Gold = 200
M.loc=locate(1,1,1)//Thi
M.Hp = M.MaxHp//This takes the thing you kiiled back to the begin
else
del(M)

loading Smile Mystery.dme
Main.dm:23:error:"Status":bad variable definition
Main.dm:24:error:usr.Gold:undefined var
Main.dm:24::warning: use of stat precedes its definition
Main.dm:25:stat :warning: definition is here
Main.dm:24:error:text "[]":bad variable definition
Main.dm:24:error:"Gold":bad variable definition
Main.dm:25:error:src.Hp:undefined var
Main.dm:25:error:src.MaxHp:undefined var
Main.dm:25:error:text "[]/[]":bad variable definition
Main.dm:25:error:"Hp":bad variable definition

Smile Mystery.dmb - 8 errors, 2 warnings (double-click on an error to jump to it)
In response to Dreq
yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyup...
In response to Watabou
Ok to make a long post 1-post longer, here's what your missing:

var

as in
mob
somemob
var
avar = "bob"
proc
someproc()

etc
In response to Dreq
ehm sorry i totally misread your code because you didn't use the <DM> </DM> taggs :)
Bumping is when you reply to your own post to "bump" it so it doesn't get lost in all those other threads. That is exactly what you did.

You also DEMAND us to help you, like if we were your slaves. Your lucky people even helped you THIS FAR. Ask more nicely and don't demand. Don't bump, either.

Just calm down, and relax.

-S
In response to Sariat
Though it's long posts like this (generally one-liners back and forth across 2 or more people) that make me want a chat room :\ of course NO ONE agrees :p
In response to Dreq
dont rag nadrew mate he is cool but sometimes he can be a fool like how he only has 18 byond dimes but remember not to bump like it did right here
so dont anybody complain because ia ma the bumpasauraus!
In response to Mrhat99au
Well when someone comes on my game advertising their game, I kindof get moody ^_^
In response to Watabou
[idiotic comment removed]
Okay, this is to all who've participated in this overlong thread so far:

Dreq: You're out of line insulting Nadrew like that, and I take more offense at your behavior on this thread than anyone else's. You've made several posts which did little more than egg on a flamewar. Cut it out.

Canar: Attacking Watabou the way you did, especially with the language you did, was uncalled for.

Nadrew: I don't think Watabou really meant his other post as a bump, though he could have been a lot clearer in how he commented that code, and he did go too far on this thread.

Watabou: Please stop posting all in caps, or we'll have to slap you. Please put your code in <DM> ... </DM> tags so we can read it better. Please put several spaces before your comments so they actually look like comments; it was for this reason that Canar thought you were simply reposting the same piece of code. And although I don't think you intended to bump your post, explaining that calmly would have been a much better move than getting hostile toward Nadrew. He's just trying to encourage better behavior on this forum.

Now, Watabou, to address your problem: From the code you posted, it appears to me that Stat() is indented too far; this is probably confusing Dream Maker into thinking you're declaring a var. Within that proc, you're also using usr in places where you should use src.

Lummox JR
In response to Mrhat99au
Mrhat99au wrote:
he is cool but sometimes he can be a fool like how he only has 18 byond dimes

How does only having 18 dimes make him a fool? At the moment I only have 1. Does that make me a fool? Nadrew is a nice guy, and yes, he does have his times that he can be slightly mean (:P),but he is not a fool for having only 18 dimes.

-Rcet
In response to Lummox JR
[idiotic comment removed]
In response to Rcet
Rcet wrote:
Mrhat99au wrote:
he is cool but sometimes he can be a fool like how he only has 18 byond dimes

How does only having 18 dimes make him a fool? At the moment I only have 1. Does that make me a fool? Nadrew is a nice guy, and yes, he does have his times that he can be slightly mean (:P),but he is not a fool for having only 18 dimes.

-Rcet

I don't have any dimes.Rcet is right about that.Does that
also make me a fool?I barley know anybody on BYOND that has
even 10 dimes.Just SHUT UP Mrhat99au!

-Non-PC
In response to Canar
Canar wrote:
I can't help it that him and Dreq were being gay...

Can it with the "being gay" and "faggot" crap. There are people on these forums, to say nothing of the world at large, who would take personal offense to it. And then there are those like me who take offense simply because you're being irrational and obnoxious in your choice of words. Dreq was indeed way out of line, and Watabou did have some problems on this thread, but that doesn't excuse you calling down inappropriate slurs. (And by inappropriate, I meant that your choice of words was not only vulgar, but also not particularly suited to those you attacked.) You had no reason to get involved in this thread, let alone with childish insults.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
Can we have this thread closed? Or possibly deleted?
Page: 1 2 3