In response to Sariat
Sariat wrote:
Can we have this thread closed? Or possibly deleted?

Closing it might be a good option. I'd hate to have it deleted because that would mask over Watabou's problem and the help he still needs on it.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
whatever...
In response to Canar
Canar wrote:
whatever...

That's the sum of your response?

I don't think you quite realize how badly you've behaved on this thread, or the depth of the hole you're digging for yourself now. Your first post was absolutely abusive, and the second little better. This is not a time to brush off those who'd try to warn you about that, especially with a mindless "Whatever," unworthy of a 7-year-old.

You've acted atrociously, and need to admit to it and resolve to do better; if you shrug this off now, you're going to do something at least as infantile on another thread, and then things will start going very badly for you. We don't look kindly on foul-mouthed twerps who like to pick fights but whose only defense for their actions is the equivalent of "talk to the hand". You need to realize, Canar, that when people hear that, they don't start talking to the hand, but with their hands: As in, heavy-handed, set their hand against, backhanded, and my personal favorite, slapped upside the head. This is not a time to be flippant.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
Canar wrote:
whatever...

That's the sum of your response?

"whatever..." has always meant something very specific to me. This is what I hear when it is uttered:

"You are right, and I have absolutely no response to that. However, I feel I must try to get in the last word anyway."

You come off looking infinitely cooler by keeping your mouth shut all together.
In response to Skysaw
Alright! I did not know before the events that took place earlier in this thread that those kind of actions were not allowed on these forums. If I had known before hand I would not have made those comments and either kept my mouth shut or said something more acceptable. However, I feel that it is unfair to mention this to just me. I know you mentioned it to somebody else about this thread. But if you are going to get on me so bad about it. You had better stop all the DBZ bashing because alot goes on there too. better?
In response to Skysaw
Skysaw wrote:
"whatever..." has always meant something very specific to me. This is what I hear when it is uttered:

"You are right, and I have absolutely no response to that. However, I feel I must try to get in the last word anyway."

I can see that; I hear it a little differently, though, and I think this is how he meant it:

"I have no response to that, because I still say you're wrong and I'm not bound by any standards and you're not my real father but if you were I'd still ignore you, so I'm just gonna roll my eyes and walk away."

The "you are right" part sounds like acknowledging a wrong, which I never hear in "whatever". It always sounds a lot similar to your version but without the first part. Perhaps it's clearer to start off with "I don't care if you're right or not, because I'm still right no matter what you say...."

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
Skysaw wrote:

I can see that; I hear it a little differently, though, and I think this is how he meant it:

"I have no response to that, because I still say you're wrong and I'm not bound by any standards and you're not my real father but if you were I'd still ignore you, so I'm just gonna roll my eyes and walk away."

The "you are right" part sounds like acknowledging a wrong, which I never hear in "whatever". It always sounds a lot similar to your version but without the first part. Perhaps it's clearer to start off with "I don't care if you're right or not, because I'm still right no matter what you say...."

Lummox JR

I think it's just me. I tend to hear "you are right" whenever I need to. It makes me feel all wiggly.
This thread is over. The people responsible for the flame-war (you know who you are) had better behave more maturely in the future, or their existence on BYOND will be short lived.
Page: 1 2 3