ok heres the code

Meditate()
set src in view(0)
flick("meditate",usr)
Lock(usr)
sleep(100)
Unlock(usr)
usr.maxpl += 3

how do i make it keep using the flick meditate until sleep is over then it returns to normal?
You shouldn't use flick for this sort of thing. You really should just change it's icon_state.

Is this an obj verb for a meditation pad or something? I'm just curious as to why you have the set src in view(0).
In response to English
ya its a meditation pad, i was hoping i wouldn't have to change the state cuz it is a lot more work, oh well thanx anyways
In response to Netshark010101
How is it a lot more work? You already have to have the icon_state for meditation. Just change it to this:

Meditate()
set src in view(0)
usr.icon_state = "meditate"
Lock(usr)
sleep(100)
usr.icon_state = "normal"
Unlock(usr)
usr.maxpl += 3

Or if you don't have a normal icon_state do it like this:

Meditate()
set src in view(0)
var/initial = usr.icon_state
usr.icon_state = "meditate"
Lock(usr)
sleep(100)
usr.icon_state = "[initial]"
Unlock(usr)
usr.maxpl += 3

What's so hard about that...
In response to English
English wrote:
How is it a lot more work? You already have to have the icon_state for meditation. Just change it to this:

This could cause lots more work. If you overlay weapons and armor, then by adding a meditation state, you must then make one for all the overlays too.
In response to Ebonshadow
That's true but wouldn't it be just as difficult using flick?

Unless of course he wants them to be wearing all sorts of things (overlays), hit the meditate button, then suddenly be naked and meditating. If that's what he wants then your right :)
In response to English
English wrote:
That's true but wouldn't it be just as difficult using flick?

Unless of course he wants them to be wearing all sorts of things (overlays), hit the meditate button, then suddenly be naked and meditating. If that's what he wants then your right :)

LMAO, yeah I see your point ;).
In response to Ebonshadow
sorry i was think it was something else, then i realized what it actually was
In response to Netshark010101
It's ok, as long as you know what it does, that's what matters. :)