ID:149737

i am using kunarks RPGtutorial, and when i compile it everything is ok, except when i try and go test it. i have a PC, 2 ememys, and im using that battle system. i dont know whats wrong. please help.
Soshin wrote:
i am using kunarks RPGtutorial, and when i compile it everything is ok, except when i try and go test it. i have a PC, 2 ememys, and im using that battle system. i dont know whats wrong. please help.

I haven't seen his tutorial, but I can tell you that about 95% or more of all "my screen is black" errors come from problems in mob/Login(). Usually, it's one of three problems:

• You forgot to call ..(), which would place the user by default at locate(1,1,1) using the Move() proc.
  • Something else is already in the location you're trying to Move() to, so Move() returns 0 and the mob remains at loc==null.
  • The Move() proc, called during mob/Login(), has been overridden in such a way as to prevent the mob from moving into its starting position (i.e., Move() is broken).

You'll be able to verify that it's one of these three possibilities by putting this line of code at the end of mob/Login(), which should make your mob and your world appear:
loc=locate(1,1,1)

Since that doesn't call Move(), it won't be affected by any problems encountered there; and whether you called ..() or not, the mob will still move into position. This of course assumes you haven't fallen victim to one of the rarer cases, that you simply forgot to create a map.

Lummox JR