ID:149740

Ok, I've asked this alot. All my answers are the same everey time someone tells me to go look at some FAQ or something. Don't give me that kind of answer. I want to know how to make stairs & make them work, and warp you to the exact place you want them to & which map. Tell me this in your own words, please.

P.S Please don't tell me to mash F1 then Search for Enter or Entered(proc) i don't get them i've looked at them alot.
If you don't get those procs giving you code won't help you at all.
ok its realy simple, src.loc = locate(your x, your y, your z) that simple, or usr.loc = locate(something) simple as that.
Pizzaro wrote:
P.S Please don't tell me to mash F1 then Search for Enter or Entered(proc) i don't get them i've looked at them alot.

Okay. Instead, I'll tell you again that these posts belong in Newbie Central.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
Pizzaro wrote:

Okay. Instead, I'll tell you again that these posts belong in Newbie Central.

Lummox JR

True,Lummox is right,post it in Newbie Central.

-Non-PC
In response to Scoobert
I tried what you said Scoobert... but it gave me loads of Duplication Errors. I tried src.loc = locate(5X, 7Y, 1Z)
then i tried. src.loc = locate(5,X,7,Y,1,Z)

Could you double check yours and tell me.
In response to Pizzaro
Pizzaro wrote:
I tried what you said Scoobert... but it gave me loads of Duplication Errors. I tried src.loc = locate(5X, 7Y, 1Z)
then i tried. src.loc = locate(5,X,7,Y,1,Z)

Could you double check yours and tell me.

This is exactly why people aren't feeding you the answer. Despite what you said, im going to ask you to look up locate(), where ever does it say you have to put an X, Y, or Z after the value? It even gives you 3 example's of the use of locate()

If someone does give you the answer, the least you can do for that person is look up and try to understand what they gave you.

Reading 'some faq' will help you understand the language more as a whole, and then these questions will seem much easier to answer on your own. Not only that, but it answers your EXACT question. The reason the FAQ exists is because people don't want to answer the same question over and over(Your question is a rather common one), so of course people will tell you to go read the FAQ, because the answer's right there!

I suggest, if you don't feel you understand the language that you read ZBT(Zilals Beginner Tutorial, over to the left under Tutorials). It helped me a lot when I first came here(In understanding the syntax, the way things are set up, etc.) Once you've done that, try reading the guide or faq til you feel understand it.

Anyways, bottom line: People have put hundreds of hours into making guides for answering your question(s), atleast read them over and try your very best to understand them before asking us. The answer is in the FAQ, several demos, the guide, the reference, the f1 help, and more. You just have to look. You will be much better off if you find the solution yourself. If you have all these gobs of code that you don't truely understand, what happens when you have to fix an error? What happens when all of a sudden two pieces of code oppose eachother? How are you going to fix it if you don't even understand it

The better you know exactly what your code does, the easier it will be fixing errors, the more effecient it will be, the easier it will be to accomondate it to do exactly what you want.

Hrm. This got longer than I had wanted, ah well.