ID:149742

Hey,
I've got a couple of things to ask, and where else better to ask than here? :P
1, Deadron's character handling:
Can't figure out how to make the FirstTimePlayer proc with the set things I want it to do, it just don't bother doing it.. (If possible, give the basis, so I can add the things to do)

2, "Title Screen" type thing, question is..how do I make one...do I make a map, split the title screen into squares, and set it as a map, for when players log in or something?

For any replies, thanx in advance :)

Fliint wrote:
Hey,
I've got a couple of things to ask, and where else better to ask than here? :P

Newbie Central.

The question on Deadron's character handling would be fine here, provided you post some code that shows what you're trying to do and tell us why it's not working.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
mob
FirstTimePlayer()
usr.firstname=input("What is your first name?")as text
usr.lastname=input("And your last name?")as text
usr.mainskill=input("Your skills lie in which trade?..")in list("Combat","Thievery","Healing")
usr.gender=input("Your gender is...?")in list("Male","Female")
if("Male")
usr.icon='mobs.dmi'
usr.icon_state="pc"
usr.loc=locate(11,7,2)
else
usr.icon='mobs.dmi'
usr.icon_state="femalepc"
usr.loc=locate(11,7,2)
..()

loading rpg.dme
error:FirstTimePlayer :undefined proc
(Yeah, I understand the problem, but copying the definition from Char Handling results in duplicate definition, deleting the definition from charhandling results in messing up the charhandling file, and moving this piece of code to charhandling results in different files, vars, etc. problems).
So, what line(s) of coding do I use to define it? I wouldn't be suprised if the answer is simple, but...I'm still stuck...
*Fliint*
In response to Fliint
You need to put proc/ in front of your FirstTimePlayer() proc, which will help. If that's what you mean when you say that causes the duplicate definition error, then I'm not sure what to suggest--since I don't know Deadron's CharacterHandling library or how it's coded internally.

There's one other problem in your code, and that's the fact that your if("Male") line appears outside of a switch() block.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
Yeah, thats what I meant with the duplicate definition, but its OK.
Anyone else have any ideas?
In response to Fliint
Fliint wrote:
Yeah, thats what I meant with the duplicate definition, but its OK.
Anyone else have any ideas?

Exut??

He just gave you two correct ideas. Did you try them?
In response to Lummox JR
Try directly including the file which FirstTimePlayer() is in directly

Alathon