ID:149830

yes this is a repeat cause multiple ppl had some odd crisis
5 minutes later and i guess no one saw it.

i have tried 5 different things and it wont stop change icon states(4frames worth of time),dissapere and announce it's final X,Y coordinates so take a look at this and tell me what might work better...

mob
cow
icon = 'cow.dmi'
icon_state = "walking"
New()
..()
LCycle1()

mob
proc
LCycle1()
if(client)
return
step_rand(src)
spawn(7)
world << "[src] is at '[x], [y]!'"
spawn(7) LCycle1()
The reason no one answers questions like this is, frankly, we don't know how. I read your original post... I've read this post... and I still only have a vague idea of what it is you're trying to accomplish.

Coding is the art of telling the computer exactly what you want it to do. If you can't even get that across in human language, what hope do you have of doing it in computer language?

Yeah, you've posted your code... but your code obviously doesn't do what you want it to, so what help is that? You've stated your problem in terms that make sense to you... but of course they make sense to you, you know all about the problem already. If you want help, you need to figure out how to describe the problem to someone who knows absolutely nothing at all (and incidentally, when you can do that, you're halfway to having mastered programming.)
In response to Lesbian Assassin
Lesbian Assassin wrote:
The reason no one answers questions like this is,
frankly, we don't know how. I read your original post...
I've read this post... and I still only have a vague idea
of what it is you're trying to accomplish.

what I am trying to do is to make a MOB (whom is currently moving randomly throughout the map) stop after a specified time, do a 4-frame animation(change icon_state obviously) then remove that mob and replace it with an object and state the X,Y coordinates of the OBJ

Coding is the art of telling the computer exactly
what you want it to do.

I know that. I design web pages/sites, but when you have a light programming history, and a bunch of ppl whom assume that you should know better(I am in no way saying that all ppl think in this manner) tends to slow proggress a little.

Yeah, you've posted your code... but your code obviously >doesn't do what you want it to

under-statement!

You've stated your problem in terms that make sense to
you.

somewhat...

hopfully you may understand what i want to do with the better description i pu but then again i could be stuck just like last time, in anycase i do appreciate your input
it's alot better if someone reply's rather than ignors(even if it's a little on the less informal side)

i should probabably wrap this up, thanks again.

Magus_XII