ID:149843

I'm kinda having a slight problem here. If any of you happened to have read over my post concering telnet in the general forum, you'll see I know absolutely nothing about dms files, aside from setting font colors and using < SPAN >.

Anywho, I thought I'd just spice up my mud a bit by adding some colors and stuff with a dms thing. I just made a really simple (actualy an exact copy of telnet.dms with like two extra lines) script and added a #define url "telnet://mymud:myport" at the top. I guess it works fine and all, but the problem is, other players will just see me connected to my mud through telnet in my pager, and try to connect and get the bland old version.

So, the second thing I thought of was making a dummy dmb that would load up a script, maybe add a nice little welcome message, and pass the user onto telnet. As far as I can tell, this is impossible. I tried both the #define url thing, and a src.client.Export("telnet://mymud:myport##action=run") right after mob/Login()

Both of these failed. Can anyone please suggest a proc or something I can look up in the refrence that might be able to shed some light on this.

Thanks,
Zag
"plz give me tha code for pbags and ssj thx"
(Just kidding!)
I haven't tried it, but link() should work to send players to the telnet server.

-AbyssDragon
In response to AbyssDragon
AbyssDragon wrote:
I haven't tried it, but link() should work to send players to the telnet server.

-AbyssDragon

Well, thank you, that's sort of along the lines of what I'm looking for. But that disconencts from the current world, undoes any changes in the current worlds dms file, and still shows up as telnet://mymud:myport in the pager. Which defeats the purpose of the whole thing.

I think that having a telnet conenction going through a byond world is currently impossible (doh!), Too bad, was an awesome idea. :)