ID:149894

I made 2 tile verticle multi tile mobs that seem to work well for PCs but when I gave them AI there is a little problem. Their heads look like they detatch and are trying to catch their body *only* when they are leaving my view. When they are fully in my view they seem to work good and look like one. I have no idea how to eliminate this problem or whether or not I can. It's not a big deal but it would look better if their heads were constantly on.
Any suggestions?
You might not quite understand what I said so Im hosting it now on the hub. If you join look how when the evil mobs get out of your view their heads seem to separate from their bodies.(only while leaving or entering your view) If you catch up to them while they are leaving your view you ll see the separation. --Multi Tile Test ... oh and the bad guys have the same icon but they are named BadG.
In response to Wall04
I think what you are experiencing is a peculiar type of lag that results from the head checking its turf location.

In other words, the head checks to see if its 'safe' to draw itself, which is just slightly slower than the bodies' movement. So the head lags behind.

You could try to fix this by having the body do the same check(bad idea), or by eliminating the check altogether, and ensuring that the head could not be drawn offmap(stop the body two steps from the top of the map).
In response to Ernie Dirt
Ernie Dirt wrote:
I think what you are experiencing is a peculiar type of lag that results from the head checking its turf location.

In other words, the head checks to see if its 'safe' to draw itself, which is just slightly slower than the bodies' movement. So the head lags behind.

You could try to fix this by having the body do the same check(bad idea), or by eliminating the check altogether, and ensuring that the head could not be drawn offmap(stop the body two steps from the top of the map).

You don't notice the head separate on yourself. It is when there is another multi tile mob at the edge of your view() ...not the edge of the map that you notice it :). thanks for the input.