ID:149912

For some reason my Click() to print out a usr << "Test" code does not work. Is there something that prevents areas from being clicked upon???

LJR
BYOND normally registers Click() for whichever icon you click on. In most games, you don't even see area icons, since the turfs completely obscure them.

You have two options:
1. You can download the BYOND beta version and use the mouse_opacity var to make it so you can click areas, but not the turfs over them. this would mean all your players need to download the beta too. :/

2. You can make it so that clicking turfs (or other atoms) checks to see which area it is in and calls the area.Click() proc.
In response to Shadowdarke

2. You can make it so that clicking turfs (or other atoms) checks to see which area it is in and calls the area.Click() proc.

This one sounds interesting, but I have not idea where to begin to code something like this and how to call to check the area.

LJR
In response to LordJR
I believe Deadron's geography library contains a proc to find the area an atom is located within.

Edit... Well, Deadron's Geography Library seems to have gone away. Basically, it would be something like...

atom/proc
find_my_area()
if(isarea(src))
return src
var/test_loc = src.loc
while (!(isarea(test_loc))
test_loc = test_loc.loc
return test_loc

flick()

Edit, again... I found the library here. I guess Deadron kicked his own library out of the channel :)