ID:149941

I can't test this at the moment, but I'd like to know... if I create a datum and give it a "name" var, and then I create a verb that lets the user choose from a list of datums, will the pop-up list contain the datum names or datum types?

For example:

flob
var/name

mob/verb/test_flob(flob/F in ListAvailableFlobs())
usr << "You chose [F.name], which is type [F.type]."
Gughunter wrote:
I can't test this at the moment, but I'd like to know... if I create a datum and give it a "name" var, and then I create a verb that lets the user choose from a list of datums, will the pop-up list contain the datum names or datum types?

I honestly can't remember if I've done this with a datum yet, but I've done lots of other stuff with datums so I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it will use the name if it can, the type if there's no name var. At least it probably couldn't hurt anything to test the theory.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it will use the name if it can, the type if there's no name var.

I think that's probably right. Well, I'll try it tonight!
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
Gughunter wrote:
if I create a datum and give it a "name" var, and then I create a verb that lets the user choose from a list of datums, will the pop-up list contain the datum names or datum types?

I honestly can't remember if I've done this with a datum yet, but I've done lots of other stuff with datums so I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it will use the name if it can, the type if there's no name var.

You're right! BYOND noticed the presence of a "name" var and used it in the verb popups. Hooray!