ID:149972

It works PERFECTLY fine for me, but if my friend tries to log on, it totally skips the New() proc. Since I told the game:
world
(stuff)
mob = /mob/player

I decided to copy-paste the New() proc into that mob. Still no go! I have the command:
src << "Checking for saved game..."
for the first part of the New() proc, but he doesn't see it!

And no, I don't have a mob that has his key set to it!

Anyone got a clue?
Hint: world/New() is called when the world is created, and not called again.
In response to Nadrew
no, i meant mob/player/new()
In response to Dreq
I also commented out my special mob (so i would have normal login), and I got the same bug too... But I guess no one has a feaking clue why
In response to Dreq
Dreq wrote:
I also commented out my special mob (so i would have normal login), and I got the same bug too... But I guess no one has a feaking clue why
In response to FIREking
Freaking too :p
In response to Dreq
I've tried everything, including messing with my Login() and Logout() procs, moveing them around, using the default mob instead of player.... still no go....
In response to Dreq
Dreq wrote:

It would help if we could see the relevant portion of code. We're not mind readers, you know. Well, not at this range, anyway.
In response to Lesbian Assassin
After upgrading to the new client, a few things went to hell, so I'm just re-doing it in the lastest version. I'm kindof glad I did because everything now is super-organized and the code is tight, which should make it run a bit faster (and make it much easier to work with).
In response to Dreq
Dreq wrote:
I've tried everything, including messing with my Login() and Logout() procs, moveing them around, using the default mob instead of player.... still no go....

The reason no one has a clue is that you have not provided one. We're all sitting here saying to ourselves "well, I guess there's a bug in his code. Too bad he's not showing us what it is, or we might be able to help him."