ID:150118

Hey im just looking for a bit of info on how the sleep command works. Im making a character go from one state to another, and wondering does the sleep command have anything to do with the number of frames that are in a particular icon state

also is there a command like the Flick commands were you can put a time limit on how long that icon will be there and then it will change

thanks for any help^^
Your best bet is to look up sleep() in the reference.

Sleep only causes a proc to do nothing for a time. It doesn't effect animations in any way.
In response to Foomer
ok thanks alot, looks like the flick commands is more suited...but ive hit another problem...the animation thati am using in the flick has 9 frames so...so my the sequence is going

(icon1)--> flick(icon2)-->(icon3)

when i run the game it goes from icon1 to to icon2 but will only display the first frame of icon2 UNLESS i move my character up or down then the rest of the frames will play...

how do i get the whole animation to play while my char is in the same spot and then continue onto the icon3

thanks again~
In response to Rukawa
It sounds like you defined icon 2 as a movement state. You can tell it is a movement state in the icon editor because it will have a black M to the left of it. To change it back to a normal icon state, double click the label beneath the icon and uncheck the movement state box. Then click "ok".