ID:150126

I know how to make like a log in sceen with like my logo but could i make lots of pics and turn it in to a menu sort of thing??

Unix
You put them on top.
Unix wrote:
I know how to make like a log in sceen with like my logo but could i make lots of pics and turn it in to a menu sort of thing??

Sure. What you need to do is create either a new map or a new Z-level (this is basically the same thing), and start out players there when they log in. You could then make a bunch of objects that do things when clicked.

For example, to do a nice graphical character selection, draw your logo on the map, then add a bunch of /obj/charselect objects (these of course you define yourself) that can be clicked to select a race, class, gender, etc. The only danger in this system is that all users will see the same thing if they're on that screen. The way to deal with that would be to make your menu use images (from image(), that is).

I hope that's enough to get you started. This kind of system might not be easy to implement, but the results could be well worth it.

Lummox JR