ID:150143

I remembered Dan or Tom released an awesome Forum Library for Byond. And i found it easy and excellant to use. But now i can't seem to find it anywhere on Byond.com anymore. Could anyone please tell me where it is? Or send me a copy of the source codes to [email protected] Thank you!
Bushido wrote:
I remembered Dan or Tom released an awesome Forum Library for Byond. And i found it easy and excellant to use. But now i can't seem to find it anywhere on Byond.com anymore. Could anyone please tell me where it is? Or send me a copy of the source codes to [email protected] Thank you!

You can get it here: http://www.byond.com/docs/library/msgBoard/msgBoard.html

However, I don't know if it is still compatible with the current software-- a lot of little things have changed since then. I guess you'll have to try it out and see :)
Bushido wrote:

I released a forum library a long time ago, which might be what you are remembering.

I let it go stale -- it was heavily savefile-based, at a time when savefiles worked very differently than they do now, and relied on a savefile library that I killed a long time ago.

What I liked about it was that it mirrored the best model I've seen for online conversation, as pioneered by The WELL system.

However, Tom's BYOND forums have advanced a lot and several of the new features (some maybe inspired by that old library?) now make it very usable for me as well as people who like a thread-based approach to things. Given that this forum will be usable as a part of channels, which can then be pointed to from within your game, I don't see a good reason to revive that old project.

Of course, if you are actually remembering some other forum library, forget all this!
In response to Tom
All I can see wrong is prompt(), change that to input() and it should work.

[Edit]

Yep, works fine. This thing is amazing! I'm going to have to study this code.