ID:150165

Hello, im having some trouble transforming my character. This is not a DBZ game it just has Goku in it, but im also having an enemy for him named: Branks, he kills goku and stuff. I was wondering if there are any mistakes in my coding--->

Mercenery-Branks.dm:708:error::invalid expression

:708: is below top line

mob/verb/SSJ() <--- right there
set src in oview(1)
if (usr.icon == 'Goku.dmi')
if (usr.Increased == 0)
usr<<"Goku, find your power!"
usr.Health += 8762
usr.PL += 2452
flick("GokuSSJtrans",usr)
usr.icon_state = "GokSSJ"
if (usr.Increased == 0)
usr<<"Goku.... You are already SSJ!"
else
usr<<"Only Goku can do this!"
It sure looks like a dbz game to me, Goku = DBZ SSJ = DBZ.
In response to Nadrew
Yeah it does lol. But hell im always wrong lol.
In response to Kalzimere
You seem right this time.
its not dbz, please help me, im in need.
there are power levels and things but goku is the only dbz chaarcter in it. I have street fighter/jackie chan/ninjas and a gang as npc's. its not dbz but he goes ssj
seriously
In response to Ashley6987
So, it's like one giant ball of rip-offs, and what's the game called? "Rip-off land!"
In response to Nadrew
why are you so mean? i cant get help here? i though you people here were nice but yea, i thought wrong, your a big jerk! :'( fine if i cant get help im just gonna stop making things and go back to doing nothing.......
We like to help with original games.
In response to Nadrew
omg, im trying hard to do this, if you would just help me id be happy. This is my first time making a game and this will be just a pre project. Im not just gonna start off wit han original project till im better. but i cant get better till someone teaches me from my mistakes
Then read the FAQ, the Reference, and ZBT

Good luck with your rip-off game!
Byond in general, aside from the crowd that is causing the problem, is having a thing against game ripoffs at the moment, so now is certainly not a good time to ask for help with a game that includes ripoffs, or, more specifically, dbz content. You'd probably get more help just plain removing any dbz reference, but you'd be the best off asking for help in a game that was based on an original concept.

Nadrew is always that way, just ignore him.
In response to Foomer
Don't ignore me, I make a good point!
In response to Nadrew
Ignore the fact that you're being so rude, regardless of the point you're making!
I'll try to help you out...
<code> mob/verb/SSJ() <font color=red>set src in oview(1)</font> if (usr.icon == 'Goku.dmi') if (usr.Increased == 0) usr<<"Goku, find your power!" usr.Health += 8762 usr.PL += 2452 flick("GokuSSJtrans",usr) usr.icon_state = "GokSSJ" if (usr.Increased == 0) usr<<"Goku.... You are SSJ!" else usr<<"Only Goku can do this!" </CODE>
I would delete the red line as it really isn't needed...
Also I really don't know why you have the nested if statement testing the same variable for the same thing twice. That might need cleaned up a bit and also check your icon state. Is it GokSSJ or GokuSSJ? Hope that helps a little.
In response to Bingis
thank you soo much, it works perfectly. I hope you have a wonderful day : ) ill remember you for that
Nadrew, you are going too far. Despite your personal hate for DBZ, or whatever, you should not directly insult and assault every person trying to create a game, weather it be DBZ or not. This not only hurts that person, but the entire community and future programmers, artists and whatnot.

Reminds me of elementry school...

Alathon
In response to Alathon
Okay, I admit I went too far with this one but all of these dbz games are really starting to make me mad, and people coming here asking questions and saying "It's not DBZ" when it clearly is makes me even more mad.
Ha Ha Ha o no thats not a dbz game lol come on man lol lol lmao
In response to Ssj4 Jordon
I am With Athlon 100%, i mean what can newbies code? basically nothing. They all start off with DBZ because its far easier than making an original concept, also they can barely code which means this in nearly all their code:

var
HP
MHP
PLVL
MPLVL

and everthing else like SSJ.

But my main point Nadrew is this,

Through your reluctancy to help people make DBZ games less people are learning the DM Langauge. They come here for help and are turned away very sharply and agressivly....
In response to Super saiyan3
It's no harder or easier to code a DBZ game than it is to code anything else... sure, everyone's first game is likely to include obvious things like HP, fighting, and a system of gaining power... but where is it written that only a DBZ game can have such things?

If you're making a "pre project" or "learning project", why not forget all the polish anyways and just use stick figures/smile faces?
Page: 1 2